aussies sack arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great decision

The results were all about the coach and nothing to do with the players, or the selection panel

As Chapelli said, a coach is something you ride in to get to the ground.

I'm not a fan of foreign coaches for our national sides so I won't be shedding any tears. Next to go should be Deans.

Anyway, any coach who has been grooming David Warner in a leadership role has clearly lost the plot. Clark has been complicit in this current unravelling of the team "culture". Things went off the rails about the same time Punter and Huss tossed it in. Seems Clark has struggled to put his stamp on this side.

Lehmann has shown that he has some ability, so I think he will be a good choice. Certainly interesting timing on the eve of one of the most important series' for years. Things must have been crook in tallarook if they've shafted Arthur this close to the Ashes.

Husseys exit was well documented in some media and the issue of sailing around Sydney harbour after the test match, Clarke has not really picked up his Captaincy off the field with the exit of Huss and Punter and he really needed too. Who is to say if that is his fault or something Arthur concocted to have Warner in the leadership group instead of Watson (remember India and the homework). Unless Clarke top scores every innings and his back holds out and there are no off-field incedents and we start winning it might be a long long long summer for the Aussies.

I think Boof will at least get mostly the right players in the team. God Speed DL.

A coach can only do so much. The lack of application from the top 6 has to come down to the players

There are a lot of big egos and wankers in this current setup, so good luck to Lehmann getting them into line

I don't think Australian Cricket will be on the improve until they flick this Inverarity character. Every article I read with quotes from him on the selection policies never make any sense. What are his credentials ?

its hard for selecters as well when there are no batsman putting their hands up at first class level. You have Ponting killing it but that is all, they guys going ok with over 400 runs are rogers 742 @49, Hughes 673 @52 and Haddin 468 @ 52. They are all over there already.

The others with high runs have average averages, Cosgrove 784 @39, Doolan 715 @42, Ferguson 639 @ 39. Hardly forcing their way into the side.

So Watson has been gifted the openers spot, what are the odds that he will be fit for all 10 Ashes matches?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6