Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good toss to win as always at Adelaide.

Rogers must only be hanging on by the skin of his teeth now. Another failure in the 2nd dig must have him looking shaky. I can't see him making it to the next Ashes series, so do we just try blooding someone else at the top this summer ?

Warner looks nicely settled it after going hard early, and looks set for a big score (hopefully).

Watson still trying to play around that front pad despite everyone saying he is working diligently on that.

Clarke loves Adelaide, so him and Warner could put on a decent partnership here.

The unlucky run continues for Clarke retiring hurt. Warner is looking pretty comfortable though.

The last 5 overs hurt but good to have runs on the board with plenty of time left to go.

If we can pass lunch today we are in the box seat

Gents I am currently in Hong Kong so had to watch via the cric info app (always a good look in a workshop)

What was the mood re short pitched bowling? From what I read it did not seem to happen a heap?

Go Aust.

re: short pitch bowling....It felt like everyone made the effort to treat it as 'business as usual' and not to fuss about it.

@lsz

Great sentiment by Smith and the crowd.
Smith walking over to the 408 painted on the ground and saluting the heavens on reaching 3 figures.
And the crowd breaking out in applause when Australia reached 408.
Stirring stuff.

Good little spell before lunch by Johnson. Badged Kohli with a beauty first ball. I'm glad all the histrionics about short pitched bowling haven't amounted to anything,. It's great to see, and a crucial part of the game that we need.

Kohli ducked straight into it.
Would have been shoulder high at best if he'd just shouldered arms.

Once Clark declared overnight I knew India would win. The dumb Aussie commentators have been talking up our chances all day. Now at tea they are 2 down with not many more to get. Dumb captaincy to declare twice. How dumb do the commentators think we are? We are no chance. Australia have lost this with crap captaincy.

go aust!

four down now.

geez these umpires are all over the place with their decisions.

That first vijay lbw was a shocker. How was that not out ? Cost Australia about 3 hours and 200 runs. Lyon ripping through them now. 3 to get for a good win. Not many better pleasures than beating a Indian side who think they are a chance.

1 to go and the references to Hughes start flowing.

g.g.g.g.g.g.game over! woot!

Great win by the boys. We were washed out today so managed to get a couple of hours watching the game.
Great stuff. Superb bowling by Lyon.

I thought we were 20 - 30 short on declaring, I would have chewed up 3-4 overs and tried to knock 20+ RRR would have gone up by half a run per over which would have been enough.

In the end we got home just but it got rather tight - which made for great following I guess

Didn't get to see a lot of it but looked like a hell of a game, got home just as Kohli got out, love watching that guy bat

Was hoping India would get up in the end there but could see the collapse coming

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6