Australia and New Zealand squads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Only two manly players named - Watmough and DCE, and both on the bench. No Foran for NZ

This is perfect. The players need the break. This will help Manly later.

City and Country to come, can't see many other Manly players being named there as the qualifying ones are all off injured. Maybe Buhrer and Wolfman?

Matt Gillet unlucky to miss a spot in the 17.
Boyd on the wing?!:s
Congrats to DCE and Choc.

The team:

1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Justin Hodges
5 Akuila Uate
6 Johnathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Paul Gallen
9 Cameron Smith
10 David Shillington
11 Dave Taylor
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Luke Lewis

Bench:
14 Daly Cherry-Evans
15 Ben Hannant
16 James Tamou
17 Anthony Watmough

18th man: Matt Gillett

2 on the bench for the Roos none in Kiwis probably only Buhrer in city. 2011 premiers only 6 months ago and a very paultry representation. Speaks volumes for how bad we are going.

I don't see any sense in playing DCE on the bench, he should either start or miss out altogether. I'd have Gillett on the bench.

mickqld said:
2 on the bench for the Roos none in Kiwis probably only Buhrer in city. 2011 premiers only 6 months ago and a very paultry representation. Speaks volumes for how bad we are going.

T-REX, G Stewart would have made the team if not suspended or injured.

swoop said:
I don't see any sense in playing DCE on the bench, he should either start or miss out altogether. I'd have Gillett on the bench.

mickqld said:

T-REX, G Stewart would have made the team if not suspended or injured.

DCE on the bench doesn't make sense to me either, but niether did having Cooper Cronk and they've done that with the QLD and Aussie sides for a few years now.

New Zealand Kiwis v Australian Kangaroos
Eden Park, Auckland NZ
Friday 20 April 2012, kickoff 6:15pm AEST (8:15pm NZ local time)
TV: Delayed Channel 9, 7:30pm
Referee: Richard Silverwood (ENG); Sideline Officials: Aaron Kesha (NZL) and Jeff Younis (AUS); Video Referees: David Pakieto (NZL) and Russell Smith (GBR)

Kiwis:  Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Nathan Fien, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Shaun Johnson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Isaac Luke, Simon Mannering, Benji Marshall (c), Ben Matulino, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale, Frank Pritchard, Jeremy Smith, Jason Taumalolo, Manu Vatuvei and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Kangaroos: 1. Billy Slater 2. Darius Boyd 3. Greg Inglis 4. Justin Hodges 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jonathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Paul Gallen 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. David Shillington 11. Dave Taylor 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Daly Cherry-Evans 15. Ben Hannant 16. James Tamou 17. Anthony Watmough
18th man: Matt Gillet

Boyd?? He doesn't deserve his place. Morris has been playing far better, and can also cover fullback.
The DCE selection has me stumped. He can only play half or 5/8, and unless injury strikes Cronk and Thurston will play the 80minutes. Still, it's all experience, and good luck to him.
What's the bet JWH tries to ruffle a few Kangaroos?

Why would they pick King there is no way he's gona get another origin gig and I cant see that his form warrants a rep selection. Shouldn't they be trialling up and coming origin hopefuls.

Seriously, what's the point of picking Matt King and Steve Turner in these teams? Both are NO chance of rep honours.
I think the two squads are very weak. And I stick by my assertion that this is a nothing match that will not have any influence on SOO selections.
Qld don't have such a match, and we know how well this approach has worked.

mickqld said:
Why would they pick King there is no way he's gona get another origin gig and I cant see that his form warrants a rep selection. Shouldn't they be trialling up and coming origin hopefuls.
Mate they picked Corey Payne...WTF!:huh:

So there are how many NSW players in the aust team then another 34 players in city country????

So some roughies get in - the days of NSW having 3 teams worth picking are not happening at the moment

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7