Australia team v New Zealand 1st Test teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Warner called up for first Test
Updated November 26, 2011 15:10:42

David Warner was the big-name debutant named in Australia's Test squad to face New Zealand at the Gabba on Thursday.

Mitchell Starc, Ben Cutting and James Pattinson were three other debutants named to fill Australia's injury-depleted ranks in a new-look pace attack.

New coach Mickey Arthur also recalled Peter Siddle and Trent Copeland back into the 12-man squad.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-26/warner-called-up-for-first-test/3696912

Australia Test squad:
Michael Clarke (capt), Brad Haddin (vc), Ben Cutting, Phil Hughes, Michael Hussey, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Ricky Ponting, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, David Warner

Warner will be no worse than Phil Hughes. Katich's file has definitely been stamped "never to be picked". Is Bollinger injured ??

Congratulations NZ, you have just been handed the series.

McCullum and Taylor will score a million each against those nuffies..

Warner isnt a huge problem, although Cowan would have been a safer bet, or Klinger.

But Starc and Cutting??? you are kidding, they were obviously after a johnson swap, so they swapped him for another dud LH bowler, Cutting was **** when they first looked at hime a couple of years ago.

Pattinson is the only one who will go anywhere.

For the 1st time ever, we send over a batting lineup who all have form behind them which is a positive. I still don't expect any results, the bowling attack still doesn't have the penetration for that

Our top 5 is as talented as we have put out for quite a while, and all are in reasonable touch as well

11 will probably be

McCullum
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Brownlie
Vettori
Young
Bracewell
Southee
Martin

That batting lineup, McCullum coming off 146 v Australia A, Guptill couldn't do anything but score in Zimbabwe and came back and hit 195* at first class level, Williamson is really, really talented and has a really good temperament for a young guy, coming off 284* in 1st class, Taylor just hit 138 against Aussie A and the man with the least amount of form, just smashed 16 sixes in his 175 in the same innings. Brownlie is new on the scene but comes in at an older age which is a plus and hit 171 last week

As I said the bowling is the issue, Martin is a good campaigner but getting on. Southee is class when he is on, and took 7/37 last week so he is the threat. Bracewell is new on the scene and looks ok but still only early days, he hits a big ball as well.

Yeah he's a ripper.

I notice our 3 new "test" quicks got a total of 3 wickets between them in the 2nd innings.

God save us...

Not Specifically Gronk, although I thought he was a chance. a bit harsh going from 12th man to 15th in a week given the injuries etc.

Hazelwood, Hilfenhaus, or even Peter George or Mitch Marsh would have been better options than Cutting or Starc.

Hazlewood probaly needs to prove fitness first.

Wouldnt be suprised to see only Siddle retained for the second test

Baggy greens to Warner Pattinson Starc. New boys warming up in caps. Cutting misses out

Toss won by NZ and they will bat

That's 8 tosses in a row Clarke has lost

Richie Benaud presented Mitch Starc's baggy green, Andy Bichel to James Pattinson, and Michael Slater to Dave Warner #AusvNZ

Martin Guptill out for 13, caught by Brad Haddin off Peter Siddle, NZ 1/44 - here's the dismissal: bit.ly/t0N0wi

#Cricket Nathan Lyon strikes! Kane Williamson tentatively dabs one to Khawaja at short leg. #GotHimYes NZ 3/78 #AusvNZ

Lunch Day 1 @blackcaps 4-94 after winning toss. Rookie quicks Starc & Pattinson get first Test scalps. Bad shots from Taylor & McCullum

and now Ryder.

the way this is shaping up it will be over by Saturday, dont kid yourselves our batsmen are any better.

Fro said:
Not Specifically Gronk, although I thought he was a chance. a bit harsh going from 12th man to 15th in a week given the injuries etc.

Hazelwood, Hilfenhaus, or even Peter George or Mitch Marsh would have been better options than Cutting or Starc.

I agree with Starc, he's not great. Hazlewood's a future star, but he didn't play any cricket at all last season. To pick him now would be crazy.

Cutting's the form Shield bowler this season. He's done a lot more than Hilfenhous, George and the Med pacer Mitch Marsh.

Copeland's solid, but bowling 125 clicks max doesn't cut it at Test level.

Fro said:
and now Ryder.

the way this is shaping up it will be over by Saturday, dont kid yourselves our batsmen are any better.

You mean the batsman who chased down 310 against Steyn, Morkel and Philander?

The Aussie batsman are miles better than the Kiwi's.

good to see you are so interested in my musings Volley.

Time will tell on a few of our guys.

but I agree with you on Hazelwood, he is the real deal.

Starc looks like he has put his hand up today, hopefully with a fully fit pace attack Siddle will be overlooked in the 2nd test

Selectors seem to have a clue

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4