Australia v South Africa 2018 (in Sth Afr)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya cricket fans.

Just thought I'd start a thread on this series seeing as day one is done and dusted.

Aust won the toss and decided to bat and are 5-225 at stumps when bad light stopped play.

50's to Warner and Smith, Bancroft failed (again) and it seems like a 50/50 day by all reports.

Morne Morkel's last series he has said.

Hiya cricket fans.

Just thought I'd start a thread on this series seeing as day one is done and dusted.

Aust won the toss and decided to bat and are 5-225 at stumps when bad light stopped play.

50's to Warner and Smith, Bancroft failed (again) and it seems like a 50/50 day by all reports.

Morne Morkel's last series he has said.
Renshaw anyone?

Renshaw anyone?
Renshaw was probably unlucky from the beginning 76 but geez Bancroft got out to a great ball.
It would've been a bloody good leave.
Nonetheless he is there to score runs so the pressure is on.
Thanks for the thread @globaleagle.
Should be entertaining.

Renshaw was probably unlucky from the beginning 76 but geez Bancroft got out to a great ball.
Should be entertaining.

No problemo

It was a good ball to Bancroft and I used to always think that it'd be tough if during the start of your career you got something like 10 jaffas in a row that no one could get. People would all be calling for you to be dropped and you'd be 'nooooooooooooooo I can bat!!!!!' (general you, not you harvies elbow)

Wow...Sth Africa rolled for 162!!!! IN 52 overs. Starc with 5 and Lyon with 3.

I might try to find some highlights!

Sth africa will be busy trying to figure how to docter the next three pitches.

Should be entertaining.
He has been on fire in the shield cricket.

Wow...Sth Africa rolled for 162!!!! IN 52 overs. Starc with 5 and Lyon with 3.

I might try to find some highlights!

They are on cricinfo website. Lyon got 2 in his first over which was only the 10th or so in the innings. Saffers spinner took 5 for in our innings so this should not really surprise. Ball started reversing and Stark destroyed them with that. taking 189 on this pitch is a huge lead.

I h
No problemo

It was a good ball to Bancroft and I used to always think that it'd be tough if during the start of your career you got something like 10 jaffas in a row that no one could get. People would all be calling for you to be dropped and you'd be 'nooooooooooooooo I can bat!!!!!' (general you, not you harvies elbow)
I have had more than 10 jaffas in a row before GE.........
And I can't bat for sh*t but that's another story.
I read your post and I had gone to bed when SAf were 2 for.
We have a fearsome pace attack and that legendary goat but I didn't expect to see that score.

They are on cricinfo website. Lyon got 2 in his first over which was only the 10th or so in the innings. Saffers spinner took 5 for in our innings so this should not really surprise. Ball started reversing and Stark destroyed them with that. taking 189 on this pitch is a huge lead.

Nice one! I found them on cricket.com.au as the cricinfo (or espncricinfo) says video highlights only for India... anyway, found them and some nice reverse swing!

I have had more than 10 jaffas in a row before GE.........
And I can't bat for sh*t but that's another story.
I read your post and I had gone to bed when SAf were 2 for.
We have a fearsome pace attack and that legendary goat but I didn't expect to see that score.

lol, a tragedy when you open a packet of jaffas and spill them all down the cinema floor!

I hope Aust keep it up, always found Sth Africa real tough opponents.

Denzil Washington's stunt double Vernon Philander still has that subtle movement going on, as Bancroft found out in the 1st innings.
Still a quality bowler.

Lead now 303 after lunch day 3
We should bat for at least 2 more sessions, maybe 3. Lead of 510 with 150 overs to get them out.

Lead now 303 after lunch day 3
We should bat for at least 2 more sessions, maybe 3. Lead of 510 with 150 overs to get them out.
That should be good enough.
I'm looking forward to Michael Holding's analysis on the game.
To me he is as he was as a fast bowler.
The best.

Bad light stopped play with Aust 9-213 and a lead of 402.

I'm not sure of the quality of the wickets (good bowling or going the slog) but I did think that Aust weren't going to have a great 2nd innings.

A lead of 400+ always feels 'safe-ish'. I hope so as I think SA will have a better second innings than the first.

Still you'd take a lead of 400 any day of the week.

Their spinner has caused us problems.
Kawaja got out on a reverse sweep (!)
Warner was doing well but lofted an easy hit to a fielder, Smith just missed one which doesn't happen often.
The pitch made scoring slow, the SA bowlers kept plugging away and just managed to take wickets each time Aussies looked like getting away.
SA will be studying the record books and may yet make a long drawn out fight of this.
A little variation in bounce occurring so it would be one for the ages if they get anywhere close.

Good to know, thanks.

Better write ups in here than some cricket sites!

It was gold listening to the saffa commentators promoting the merits of a four day game, when sth africa was so far behind and looking like being no hope.
Australia would have had to declare already leaving a total the africans could chase down

1 wicket to go!

Watched the highlights and as an ex bowler (ex ex ex) I love seeing stumps being smashed or what is it now... The timber being rattled.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6