Australian Secondary Schools team of the century

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nodd

Bencher
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Brasher, Andrew Ettingshausen, Mark Gasnier, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Brad Fittler, Greg Alexander, Craig Young, Danny Buderus, Les Boyd, Steve Menzies, Paul Sironen, Brad Clyde.

Interchange: Tonie Carroll, Ian Schubert, Matthew Gidley, Brent Tate

FORMER Test stars Danny Buderus, Brad Fittler, Greg Alexander and Brad Clyde headline the star-studded Australian Secondary Schools centenary team.
Newcastle champion Buderus was named at hooker, Fittler and Alexander in the halves and Clyde at lock in the team which also boasts several current stars of the game.
Manly veteran Steve Menzies, departed St George Illawarra centre Mark Gasnier, Brisbane duo Justin Hodges and Tonie Carroll, Melbourne superstar Greg Inglis and Warriors centre Brent Tate were all named in the team.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

It's the pick of players who were selected to play for the Australian Secondary School teams over the years.

got double figures in the UAI or TER or whatever it was.

Well Les Boyd might scotch that theory

You got to think that there has been a lot of Aussie Schoolboys reps who have never amounted too much if Ian Schubert made the side.

Was Les Boyd selected as a prop as a schoolboy ?? or were there no real "name" props to choose

nodd link said:
It's the pick of players who were selected to play for the Australian Secondary School teams over the years.

Alexander never played for Australia in a schoolboy comp. But he was named as being in a team of best schoolboys of his year.

The team is a joke imo.

Alexander totally dominated the Amco Shield or whatever it was called in his day. II am surprised they left out Royce Ayliffe as he was a dominant player in the 1972 Schoolboy team, coached by Roy Masters that dominated the Poms on the equivalent of a Kangaroo Tour.

Haha, lol, am I right in saying that Benji Marshall could have been selected for this side??

DSM5 link said:
Wasn't Wally Lwis in some sort of school boy representative team?

Yeah Walter played Astralian shoolboys union.

The main reason I put this up was that I didn't realise Beaver played for the Aussie Schoolboys.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4