• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Seaeagle63

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Ok, I am new to this forum so will ask some dumb questions.  First is about avatars.  I tried to upload my own but wasn't allowed.  Can someone explain to me what size it has to be and does it have to be approved by the moderators first.

Cheers :)

Try using an image editor and making it about 100 pixels x 100 pixels the file size should also be about 20kb

go to  site suggestions & feedback.. ask your question in there..i too had problem with it i asked about it in there..

now i cant change my pic as i get the same message you are getting ..lol

I used to have what can only be described as an egg covered in skin and sporting pubic hair as my avatar and that was ok, i got tired of seeing it though so deleted it myself, no approval required for me, though i may have been lucky!

byso link said:
Try using an image editor and making it about 100 pixels x 100 pixels the file size should also be about 20kb

That doesn't work with mine.  My avatar is only 85 x 84 and 2.24KB but it still comes up saying that it is too large or that it isn't an avatar, even though it is the same one that is currently at the end of my sig and was my avatar before Dan deleted them all a couple of months ago.

avatars are a touchy subject at the moment.

The server we are currently on has over 1000 other websites hosted on it, well accounts and multiple sites.

Resources are very very strained and as such i have had to cut down where I can.

I am in the process of moving us over to a new host, which will have far better resources and dedicated to only Silvertails.

Once I do that I will open up the restrictions a little. I will also be moving us to another forum solution in the not so distant future as well, and this will offer even more in this regard. Just have plenty more testing to do and first and foremost I need to get us to that server.

I am up for a few sleepless night getting it ready and will then aim to move us around the bye weekend as it is going to require between 24 & 48 hours downtime though there may be less down time if we are lucky.

i will probably setup a temp site for us on one of my other domains to get us through the downtime as well. This will consist of only the forums with all our user accounts so that we can continue to chat away. Nothing posted on there though will be migrated to the new host.

Dan

Seaeagle63 link said:
Ok, I am new to this forum so will ask some dumb questions.  First is about avatars.  Can someone explain to me what size it has to be and does it have to be approved by the moderators first.

Generally they have to be about 6 foot 6 and blue in Colour.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=183607.msg266817#msg266817 date=1276687925]

Ok, I am new to this forum so will ask some dumb questions.  First is about avatars.  Can someone explain to me what size it has to be and does it have to be approved by the moderators first.

[/quote]

Good funny come back there Clon. I thought that they were a lot taller than 6 foot 6 though. :)

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=183607.msg266817#msg266817 date=1276687925]
Ok, I am new to this forum so will ask some dumb questions.  First is about avatars.  Can someone explain to me what size it has to be and does it have to be approved by the moderators first.

[/quote]

Is that what Dan refers to when he says he got a blue job?

avatar-the-movie-1418-1264177650.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8