• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Something didn't look right all night in that. We tried to fire up at times and looked good, but it just wasn't there. Don't know if we put it all down to Foran or them being fresher for the bye. We have that bye coming at the right time

Most concerning bit was under pressure, we couldn't come up with anything and never even looked like putting a set play on. Suppose that is what we get with a rookie in the halves pretty much on his own. He struggled a bit at times tonight with his kick options and getting an attack going straight, which is what Foran brings

Most surprising part really was that Lyon was found out in defence a couple of times when they scored. I guess Williams will get the blame for them, but Lyon was the man at fault coming in.

Bloody hate Monday nights, we struggle in them and have lost 3 so far this year

Forwards went ok, can't really fault them tbh.

Hodkinson will have learnt a lot hopefully, he struggled a bit at times being the main man and we completely lost direction at time. Bailey was awful tonight at 6. I am happy with him coming on to tackle in the middle of the park but we shouldn't see him in 6 again

Matai. That stuff with the ref was just plain dumb, and he got those tackles badly wrong and will pay the price, but **** I was all the side had his passion and commitment. He was up their with our best with the ball in hand and the desperation that he and Lyon showed to stop that try should have inspired some of the others to better things. Lyon had a pretty good game but did struggle defensively at times

Robbo was bloody good, Farrar safe again but didn't have the spark in attack, and Williams overall I thought was pretty good, scattered a few bodies around the park

A missed opportunity probably sums tonight up best, we had a few we could have taken but weren't able to finish them off while they took all their's

Referee's put the whistle in the pocket in the 2nd half until the 78th min, what a joke

Also, Glenn Stewart is a bit of a concern for me at the mo. His start to the season was red hot and the past few weeks he has been a bit quieter. Still going ok, but could be going a bit better

I only heard the game, didnt see it, but got the distinct impression Perry was lacklustre tonight. Made me think he is in post contract talk form.

He was sh!t tonight.  I am just putting it down to one of those weeks.  We will bounce back.  

I was not overly surprised tonight after seeing the titans so flat on friday.they have had a mighty hard month just like us.good time to get the bye and freshen up.i think we have cowboys and titans away after that so will be tough.we seem to never beat the cowboys up there regardless of their form and not sure but i think we will have origin guys out for titans game(they will be missing no-one at this stage except harrison).that will be almost mission impossible if that is the case.

will get a look at whare in next few weeks with matai suspended which will be interesting.

no need to hit panic button,it is so hard to get up each week.porky rose will be the catalyst for a late charge and our backend draw is easier after next few weeks,

Did Choc play? Geeze he has been ordinary this year..
Can't put the loss down to Foran, we beat the Dragons without him for half of the game last week. We were flat, hopefully the week off will give us a charge.

sorry,we have broncos at brookie in the middle of those two.hopefully that will be the origin weekend.they will be decimated if so.

I disagree Kiwi

I though that was a good game of footy. Both Manly and Parramatta played quite well, and I think it is a tribute to a good side in Parra who provided quality opposition. Make no mistake, they will be in the mix they are a very good side and full of star players.

We missed Foran, and I though Kingy was very quiet tonight. However, I thought Manlys defence was outstanding, and Lyon and Matai played world class games.

Can't win them all. Manly take a good rest now and rip back in in a couple of weeks.

NY Eagle

Yea, pretty much agree kiwi.

Our boys just didn't produce during most of it.
Sure Parra held their defense tight but we didn't really throw lots of good stretching running plays at them.

And if I were reffing Matai, he would have been in the bin for that disrespect - stupid stuff.

Disappointed.

Slow average game of footy that the refs lost control of after 20 minutes. The play the balls looked like constant dominant tackles they were that slow.

parra were regularly offside and the 10 was closer to 9 on their side for many of those in the first half.

We did well to stay in it.

I thought we were poor in the first 15 of each half. However our metres exceeded theirs and our forwards dominated them overall. It was our inability to put try-line pressure on them that cost us. Take their doubtful try away and replace it with our one and it is a different result.

I thought it was an entertaining game of footy, but we looked tired after 10 minutes. King looked gone early, but kept trying.

The Bye couldnt have come at a better time

I haven't see so much hanging on and hands in the ruck I think ever. The only penalties seemed to go to parra for anything to do with the ruck as well when 99% of the time their hands were on the ball all the way through the play the ball.

Sometimes I think the video ref has a Benefit of the doubt, TRY and Manly button. Who dead set thought lyon got a hand on that ball? Benefit at worst.

from where I sat I thought I was watching Manly 2009 were our attack seemed to have no idea when we got into their quarter, no direction no enthusiasm

Their 1st try a result of Bailey very poor kick being charged down giving them great field position & then a bad read from T-Rex & Matai for Burt scoring from a great Hayne pass
a few questions
Did it seem that they were given extra time in the tackles ?
How many flops are counted in Hindmarshs tackles ? (i reckon I counted 15)
Does it seem the alledged boggy surface is affecting us more ?

susan ridgepipe link said:
sorry,we have broncos at brookie in the middle of those two.hopefully that will be the origin weekend.they will be decimated if so.

We play Cowboys after SOO 1 with players backing up and Titans before SOO 2 with players unavailable. The Brisbane match is with all players available.

Canteen said
"I thought we were poor in the first 15 of each half. However our metres exceeded theirs and our forwards dominated them overall. It was our inability to put try-line pressure on them that cost us."

Fox had us down for only 14 missed tackles which would just about be a record for us. I was happy with the physicality shown by our forwards especially as it was the 3rd game in 10 days for some. They really belted the Eels at about the 20 min mark of the 2nd half but couldn't force an error and our attack didn't capitalise on the field position benefits. After that we looked to tire and the Eels 17 day break saw them finish stronger.
I think that the Eels handling in the second half won them a very tight game.

I was angry after they tossed two points away against the Titans. Today I'm just annoyed that the hated slimes got one against us at Brookie. We've definitely got the forwards to challenge for the title but I suspect we'll need a good run with injuries in the backs unless Hoppa or Whare come through and do well.

Well done to the crowd also last night. 11k on a crap night was excellent. I thought there'd only be 6-7,000 in there.
At 5:45pm we'd decided to watch at home as it was hammering down but after eating dinner and an hour of only light spitting we took a punt and drove down and got in just after kick off. Got through without even putting the poncho on. For those not in the area it has then belted down again through the night and morning.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Their 1st try a result of Bailey very poor kick being charged down giving them great field position & then a bad read from T-Rex & Matai for Burt scoring from a great Hayne pass

Can't blame those 2 for that one. Matai is on the other side of the park, and Lyon come in to take someone, which meant T-Rex had to come in to take Tahu, and Hayne was good enough to hit Burt after he came in, if he stayed on his wing Tahu strolls in for the try

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6