Avertising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
Fking discrace what's on every page if this site after the burning of that pilot.

Convert yourselves into human beings.

All the ads I see on this site are for "Cougars" and "local" singles. Do you get Isis ads or something?

I'm pretty sure we all have different ads show up on this website and Dan doesn't have control over what content comes up.
May be wrong though.

Ads i get depend on browser history, type of browser or if im incognito mode.

Currently getting dog food ads and carsales this week. Incognito mode i also get thai singles and cougars.

i assume the site uses a google ads plugin. google will try personalise the ads to you hence why im currently getting dog food Ads. If you use incognito google doesnt quite know who i am and thus the thai singles.

Dan doesnt have alot of control over the ads other than blocking an add category. E.g. adult content.

Its possible an ad about isis has appeared cause you read a couple of news articles today about that horrible act on that poor pilot and the ad plug in put that ad on your site.

Premium membership is the best. No mention or vision of anybody's article circles.:p

@manlyfan76 your bisexual necrofiliac aquatic mammals made me laugh.:D

Fking discrace what's on every page if this site after the burning of that pilot.

Convert yourselves into human beings.
It's called advertising....maybe tell us what your getting?

I'm getting some singles and non manly membership offers from the donkeys and the toofless ones

@Jerry1
The adverts are sourced mainly based on your browser history. If you were reading articles or searching for articles about the murder of those hostages, then that is most likely what you will get ads about. Sometimes those things sneak through the google algorithms, usually they are removed fairly quickly. I block specific ads that I see through the network that I find unsavory.

The other side of the equation is that the site is scanned and indexed by google, it checks over our content and uses some matching on content as well as things you have viewed outside of the site, and tries to match what it thinks you would like to see.

I have essentially no control over what ads are shown, you have more impact on that. What I can do as was said earlier is that I can block specific categories, like adult. However with that said every now and then people get through the google checks and balances and sneak their ads in under different categories so they get shown. As soon as I see these I report them and block the specific adverts in google adsense and report them to our other advert network.

The net result is that sometimes you will see ads you don't want to sometimes you won't.

I am pretty sure the singles and thai singles adverts are sprouted of fun we used to poke at cambo regarding going to thailand. I have blocked a number of those however but they keep coming back.

Also people bid within Google and our other network for our ad space mostly I can vette those however.

If you can capture the URL of the ads you really dislike, PM the URL to me and I will block it in adsense immediately.

@Jerry1

However with that said every now and then people get through the google checks and balances and sneak their ads in under different categories so they get shown.

- yessssss........Sorry about that. Hat's gotta eat!

Hopefully you save your detailed response somewhere...as it will get asked again.

edit: The title needs a "d" :sunglasses:

Last edited:
I have a Fred Hollows foundation donation ad, guess I have been spending too much time doing charity work

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8