Backdoor Benny and his shenanigans.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
For all those out there who think we've got problems with our Leagues club and our board, they should take a peek at todays front page SMH story. Elias has been screwing Balmain Leagues club on a dodgy redevelopment of the Victoria Road site for some time. The stupid supporters were duped into supporting him in his battle against those who see the redevelopment as a gross overdevelopment on one of Sydney's busiest roads. Looks like no monies will be shovelled the Tigers way for some time. Benny's doing alright though.

RE: Backoor Benny and his shenanigans.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/how-benny-elias-put-the-bite-on-the-tigers-20120629-21822.html

It has a touch of similarity to what happened at Manly with the way the Leagues Club had massive debt and the resultant asset sales, but Benny's dealings are in a class of their own. It isn't a pretty read.

Benny was tight with Max, and had circumstances been different it could have been us getting backdoored by Benny and not the poor old Tigers.

Didn't think he was on the Balmain board anymore since he's trying to get a team into the NRL with Sage (not the Pirates)

Phantar said:
Backoor Benny?

He sounds like an Indian IT entrepreneur!

(fixed :) )

You need to be of a certain vintage to understand why Benny has this nickname. I can only imagine the scrutiny the incident would have received with today's media.

The Who said:
Phantar said:
Backoor Benny?

He sounds like an Indian IT entrepreneur!

(fixed :) )

You need to be of a certain vintage to understand why Benny has this nickname. I can only imagine the scrutiny the incident would have received with today's media.
Shame that an ex Manly player was also involved in this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoodle
tigers fans, can someone remind me why benny elias is called backdoor, was it just his playing style or did he do something bummy?
I thought it was because of an 'alleged incident' in some country town where a team mate of Benny's was .... a girl, with her on top, and Benny snuck up without warning and tried to go the bac..or

From in the mix dot com with ... For edits.

Wests now asking the question is this the real reason for a push of one NSW cup team?
Maggie Diehards must be pissing themselves at the moment

Someone actually tried to tell me Benny Elias was actually a smart guy because he's made a lot of money in business ...

Yes agree with some earlier sentiments about how close we may have come to ending up with this bloke.

Interesting to see what has happened to Balmain by allowing outside investors/businessman to totally run the show unopposed9 maybe they just had no other choice ) . Makes for quite an interesting comparision with our board who dont relinquish control too easily....seems in that case the Balmain football clubs and board etc lost out big time......things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4