Backline for Perth game???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
So with Walker and Wiliame out, here is my guess for our backline this week:

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Trobjevic
5. Godinet
6. Koroisau *Parcell to hooker
7. DCE

Thoughts?

Didn't Zorba say on radio last week that Snake wouldn't be going to Perth?

If that is the case (and assuming that Parcell is still out)....

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Jamie Lyon (c)
Nathan Green
Matthew Wright
Isaac John
Daly Cherry-Evans
Darcy Lussick
Api Koroisau
Nate Myles
Martin Taupau
Jamie Buhrer
Jake Trbojevic

Res - Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake, Josh Starling, Lewis Brown

Assuming that Snake and Parcell are still out and that we'll get Myles back after Origin (hopefully Kevin Walters plays him from the bench on Wednesday), that is probably the best team that comes to mind.

After playing a cracker last start against St Illawarra, Walker lets the team down.
Time to move on - move forward & try find a replacement & grab the 2 points.
There is little strike on offer outside when we think Satine, Williame or Brown & its obvious Lyon should stay at 5/8......is it a case for Taufua to have a go there, some early ball & I think Taufua would create plenty of linebreaks in closer - defence - well that could be scary....at least no more bombs to defuse??
Then the other consideration - Stewart is back - can he pay decent & rediscover some old form at FB with Turbo in the centres, because based on Snake's 2016 form....thought we may have seen his last game...but this is maybe a chance at redemption to an old favourite...maybe?
What other options are there - seems limited & bare in the option cupboard??

So with Walker and Wiliame out, here is my guess for our backline this week:

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Trobjevic
5. Godinet
6. Koroisau *Parcell to hooker
7. DCE

Thoughts?
Godinet on the wing..?

Depending how it shakes out, you could leave Lyon at 6, bring in Wright for the wing, punt Snake and put Turbo at Fullback, Brown in one centre position and stick Satini or Green in there.

Snake to fullback would be the logical solution.

If not fit then I suppose it will be Green or if you think outside the square you could try Ferris.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: B Williame
4: L Brown
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: N Myles
11: M Taupau
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic

14: M Parcell
15: J Starling
16: A Fonua-Blake
17: S Vave
I actually hope snake plays coz he has never lost to warriors so he is our good luck charm against them.

Godinet on the wing..?

Depending how it shakes out, you could leave Lyon at 6, bring in Wright for the wing, punt Snake and put Turbo at Fullback, Brown in one centre position and stick Satini or Green in there.

Some 'journalist', I think it was at the DT but might have been the SMH, last week wrote in the 'who's firing who's struggling' piece that Godinet should be playing first grade every week for us as he has been far and away the standout in our NSW Cup side. They reckon he's the complete first grader (or something like that).

They obviously haven't watched when he's played first grade. Enthusiastic and somewhat talented, but as small men go he has nothing on someone like Tooves.

Sorry to disagre @Turbo but Wiliame is out suspended mate.

Also, IIRC Zorba was on radio either late last week or over the weekend saying that Snake would not be traveling to Perth.

At this stage in the season it'd be nice to give one of the younger guys (Satini, Lavaka, Goodall, Parker) a crack to see what they've got and to give them a taste. But I suspect 2nd tier cap and conservative selection process will mean Brown at centre and Godinet into the team either at fullback or 6.

Snake gone for the season with knee surgery so all those possible line ups with snake in them won't happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6