Backline next season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Its looking good  ;D

1. Stewart
2. Robertson/Williams
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Tony Williams
5. Mick Bani
6. Bailey

**** Yeah

Will look more like:

1. Brett
2. Robbo
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Bani/Dave Williams
6. Bailey
7. The Ox

As Berk says, Williams (the beast) will be a forward. Their biggest problem is who out of Bani and Williams misses out...

Looks very, very strong though.

and what about the forwards next year as well

It is looking good for next year but lets think about this year as we are in with a big shot

either way there will be plenty of depth.

I like the thought of having Williams as a Folau type centre.. we have decent depth in the 2nd row.. but i guess if we play Melbourne we can move him there to mark Folau.

Matai's defence is **** besides the odd big hit.

Williams is REALLY pressing for that wing role though.. Im forgetting how good Bani was now!..Robbo may be under real pressure too... its good thing to have to keep them on their toes.

Haha Robbo under pressure! He's our most consistent player and he's our leading try-scorer! Pull the other one big fella.

Won't be any point trying to move Williams when we play Melbourne - there won't be a Folau factor anymore, he'll be with the Bronx by then!

If Lyon keeps up his recent form from games at 6, i will throw up another option

Stewart
Robertson
Matai
D.Williams
Bani
Lyon
Orford

I know that is pretty radical, and will probably not happen coz we have bought Bailey to play 6. Williams seems to have some pretty good attributes to make a centre, especially with his strong running. The club stated it wants T. Williams for the back row, i think that is where he plays the majority for us next year

I sort of know where your coming from Kiwi, Bailey is coming off the bench for the knights and carving them up from there, Imagine that if we have 3 impact players of Bailey, LeStrange and Cuthbo  LOL

Pretty sure Williams could play centre, thought I read that he played centre, fullback or wing.  Always a option for when Matai gets injured or suspended, we all know that will happen.

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
I sort of know where your coming from Kiwi, Bailey is coming off the bench for the knights and carving them up from there, Imagine that if we have 3 impact players of Bailey, LeStrange and Cuthbo  LOL

It mainly comes coz i don't want to leave either Bani or Williams out, they both deserve a long run in NRL

The great thing it shows, it that we have quality depth and plenty of options for whatever situation arrises

willstyles link said:
Will look more like:

1. Brett
2. Robbo
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Bani/Dave Williams
6. Bailey
7. The Ox

As Berk says, Williams (the beast) will be a forward. Their biggest problem is who out of Bani and Williams misses out...

Looks very, very strong though.
As much as i hate to say it wouldn't bani miss out the current williams is quicker as we saw today.

Have you seen Bani play Pont?

He is the epitome of the modern winger,
Fast
Strong
Big
Tall
Hardworking
Willing to learn

He is potentially the perfect winger. He will be picked as soon as he is available.

That is not to say that Williams isn't a very good player, he just doesn't posess the same physical attributes as Bani.

Stewart
Bani
Matai
Lyon
Robbo
Bailey
OX

Lyon MUST play inside Matai or nobody will ever see the ball. Their were 3 or 4 breaks on the offer yesterday and all it required was matai to remember how to pass the ball. Unfortunatly Koala never really saw the ball.

Not passes though. It would have been nice to see all 13 on field get the ball for more than a kick return or dummy half run.

Crusher said that he'd like to see Bani slowly come closer into the ruck as time goes on when he signed the guy. I take that as meaning centre, then maybe further if excels. I mean, The Manly Daily had this crazy idea a little while ago about Bani @ 5/8. I'd actually go for (and man this is tough):-

01. Brett Stewart (easy choice)
02. Michael Robertson (as others have stated - maybe rep footy next year)
03. Steve Matai
04. Michael Bani
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon (has just plain excelled when playing there lately)
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King (Like Willow, absorbs tough early stuff)
09. Heath Le'Strange (I understand Ballin has committed to the Bronco's)
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies (I reckon he'll go just one more)
13. Glenn Stewart (Should be used both sides of the ruck)

14. Chris Bailey
15. Josh Perry
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Tony Williams (Back Row fill in - if and when Beaver needs a break)

Tony Williams could start with Beaver off the bench as well.
with a view to start Williams in 2010, and have Hall slot in @ 17. Also Hall, gets a run should any forward get injured - which generally these days means he will play 90% odd of the season.

PS: We would have by FAR the strongest bench in the NRL.

Williams will be a centre in a season or two, dont forget Bailey can play back row as well similar to Bird

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4