Backrow depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crusher signing on for 2008. Whilst I agree that a backrow of Choc, Stewie and Beaver is up there with any in the Comp, I'm a little concerned that we still need more cover in this position to compete in the big games. I still think we are are one dynamic backrower short (and no, as much as I admire Willo's tackling tenacity, I don't classify him as a dynamic backrower), especially when/if injuries hit. Any opinions? I still like us and Melbourne again this year to battle it out. Have we upgraded enough to come out on top? My gut says no.

Whilst I think he is slow, lethargic & lumberring looking, the club thinks Afamsaga will be great after a proper off season. My opinion here is that we have another Danny Lima.

Additionally, Hargreaves might be a god send. If he is as good as the wraps, we will do well with him.

Then I thought Jason Wells played pretty well when given opportunity.

We also then have Glenn Hall (who I think should play instead of slow-mo-Willow) who can play backrow and prop.

Actually I was looking at the stats summary of our players and noted that both Wells and Mauro put up some very good stats.

Wells particularly in effective tackle % (top 3 in club I think) and metres gained per run.

What was also noticeable was the terrible effective tackle % from our first choice hooker in 2007. Getting rid og him is sure going to help shore up what leaks there were in our defensive line.

Can't help but have a dig.

If you think monoghan is a ****house defender then you know less than what I already think you know.

Halls stats were generally OK in comparison to the other props in 07. I reckon he could become part of the backrow depth if needed so long as his fitness levels and passing/offloading game was focused on.

I think i would prefer that option as opposed to moving Kite back and just cant forecast about Afa & Wells as yet. Cant see Hargreaves entering the equation until 09.

Mauro looks pretty good, I dont think he will be a game breaker but he looks a solid player at least.

If Hargraves cracks firsts in 2008 he would have to be a gun so I just cant see it till 2009 but hope he does crack it as he is a gun. Although I am not holding any hopes for him, I have heard of so many potentials from Rugby over the years!!!! Please be one like BK.

From all reports the club are seriously expecting Hargraves to be in first grade come mid season.

Big George Rose back in training apparently. Has anyone seen him? A mate of mine saw him just after the season finished and reckoned he was massive.

George was back here over Christmas, yeah he has packed on a few, but is back training and looking forward to getting back into it.

Big George Rose back in training apparently. Has anyone seen him? A mate of mine saw him just after the season finished and reckoned he was massive.

According to his Facebook profile he is finding training rather tough.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6