Backs to the wall!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember well battles in the past when we were pushing **** up hill to win, and did!!

Games where we ran out of reserves, games when we had to play a GF replay midweek just a few days after playing the actual GF, and we still won. Games when they penalised the crap out of us and we still won. Games when we had a send off, were down to 12 men AND still won!!

Whilst these 5 day turnarounds and indeed back to back turnarounds are a farce the one thing our great club has prided itself on is adversity.

We saw that on Saturday night, down troops, losing key players in the match, short of subs and up against a desperate side they fought through the adversity and still won.

Roll on just 5 more days and we will play the Bunnies, who will be absolutely desperate for a win after the last few weeks.

Our star halfback out injured, a short turnaround AND our backs are up against the wall once again.

You know something!!!

It's when Manly does best, my bold prediction for Thursday night, at home , hopefully with a reasonably decent crowd, is a Manly victory.

Bring it on!!

The drawbridge is being raised , the torches are being lit, the oil is being boiled, the troops are amassing on the battlements. Get ready for the seige to begin and guess what. It's one of our most hated enemies trying to break us. Seige time at the Fortress. Cash in on it Trent. This is what turns a team into a family. These guys will bleed for each other if this is done right.

I remember well battles in the past when we were pushing **** up hill to win, and did!!

Games where we ran out of reserves, games when we had to play a GF replay midweek just a few days after playing the actual GF, and we still won. Games when they penalised the crap out of us and we still won. Games when we had a send off, were down to 12 men AND still won!!

Whilst these 5 day turnarounds and indeed back to back turnarounds are a farce the one thing our great club has prided itself on is adversity.

We saw that on Saturday night, down troops, losing key players in the match, short of subs and up against a desperate side they fought through the adversity and still won.

Roll on just 5 more days and we will play the Bunnies, who will be absolutely desperate for a win after the last few weeks.

Our star halfback out injured, a short turnaround AND our backs are up against the wall once again.

You know something!!!

It's when Manly does best, my bold prediction for Thursday night, at home , hopefully with a reasonably decent crowd, is a Manly victory.

Bring it on!!
Geez Mark, now you're being over positive :)

The saving grace is that the Rabbits also came off a 5 day turnaround last week, they have one extra day than us to prepare for this match but they aren't really in great shape either.
So I have to agree, Manly to win a famous victory!

Sorry boys but I can't see our forwards competing with Sam burgess lol. Nah we should be right which ever half baz brings in should only kick nothing else. Manly to win!

Manly 22-Trbojevic, Walker, Lyon, Stewart tries-Lyon 3/4 goals
Souths 16

The drawbridge is being raised , the torches are being lit, the oil is being boiled, the troops are amassing on the battlements. Get ready for the seige to begin and guess what. It's one of our most hated enemies trying to break us. Seige time at the Fortress. Cash in on it Trent. This is what turns a team into a family. These guys will bleed for each other if this is done right.

Agree, done right this could be the making of this team.

If I was coach I'd be using the siege mentality theme all week.

And I'd get some past players in from those epic battles to fire them up with 30 minutes to go.

And I'd slap Lussick across the face and say " fire up big fella".

These 3 games ( and yes the one that follows) could set the standard for 2016, win all 3 and by golly Miss Molly we are on our way!

Last edited:
I'm pumped for this one already. Bring it on. I'm itching to see Kapow and Skivvy land one on box head Burgi plus don't be too cocksure about box head being too effective after his injury last week.

I'm pumped for this one already. Bring it on. I'm itching to see Kapow and Skivvy land one on box head Burgi plus don't be too cocksure about box head being too effective after his injury last week.
I was thinking the same think Mick about Sam B. Might be a little quiet after his injury scare. Let's hope anyway

This week's injury changes haven't exactly given us an easy run with us losing DCE & Buhrer for four weeks each, and the Wabbits having the big two (Burgesses) plus Johnston returning. Challenge level raised.

Bring it on!

This week's injury changes haven't exactly given us an easy run with us losing DCE & Buhrer for four weeks each, and the Wabbits having the big two (Burgesses) plus Johnston returning. Challenge level raised.

Bring it on!

Remember Rex, this is exactly the scenario that can build character , handled right by the coach it could be the bringing together of this side.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Souffs won't risk their best player, Julie B will get into Rusty's ear overnight telling to protect her baby and rest him.

Souffs won't risk their best player, Julie B will get into Rusty's ear overnight telling to protect her baby and rest him.
Soufflés are desperate, the "pride of the league" got absolutely lapped by the Dogs this round and will want to bounce back as hard as possible..

Edit: "Souffs" got autocorrected to "Soufflés". Dunno what it means but it seems appropriate..

Edit 2: some kind of cake?

The next 8 weeks we need to win half of those games . Thats 12 points from a possible 24 and with top sides not really getting to far out in front with a loss here and there, it should have us sitting inside the 8 . State of origin around the corner and with our players coming back at the right time will see us charging home at the back end . Its all good.

One saving grace for us this week is the 4 guys that didn't play last week.

While most of our squad are backing up, we have Taupau, Lawrence, Symonds and Matai fresh to give our pack some fresh legs and much needed grunt.

While I don't think we can do it, i'm hopeful we can get a victory that will go down alongside others we have had over the years.

I expect Sam to play, hope he doesn't though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4