Bailey and T-rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
It t-rex plays first grade again in the next month i will give up with
the amount of balls he dropped

T-rex is slow to turn and has the dropsies.

Bailey needs to go to the centres and jamie lyon closer to the action 5/8.
baileys reflexes for 5/8 are far to slow and his kicking game is not the best either. He blew to definate try just before half time

Glad to finially get a win today.
THanks stewie.

Bailey is a second rower with a nice offload. Might as well put Sam Harris there.
I wonder if people who wanted to give him half the season to prove himself still feel the same.

Yeah Baileys pretty slow and really doesn't offer a lot. He always seems to stop the plays as well, I'd still like to see him given a bit longer but he looks like he's out of his depth a 5/8.

T-Rex will push into the backrow.

He was just filling a position today. Don't know why everyone is so concerned about him after that game. Poor defence and some dropped pill but you all know his position is not going to be right centre. It is handy having someone that can fill it though... when was his last game of footy??? The world cup??? 6 months ago. No sweat guys.. he'll come good.

Nothing wrong with bailey... still wanna give him time. How good was lyon today in centre?? once bailey knows his role we will be unstoppable. Orford wasn't at his best again but watmough sure was. Great game from choc.

T-rex; first game in 6 months, limited prep due to injury and not played in his correct position. Pull your head in.he should be learning his trade as and impact interchange back rower and when mattai is fit that is exactly what will happen And as for bailey i think the blokes bagging him are the same blokes that bagged lyon for a season or so and now want to cum down the back of his shorts. I see a good ball player that will keep teams guessing by actually going to the line. and he has the size and strngth to do damage when he does. As long as lyon comes in late in the count to give a viable alternative to orford  for the kick then we have the structure required.

Bailey wasn't too bad today, his main problem is that he wants to take on the line too often. He needs to know when to get it to Lyon and if there isn't anything on then have a crack himself. He did get over the line today only to be held up.

As for T-Rex, I said when we signed him that he had that Iro look about his play.....haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise yet. Let's hope he starts to show some more enthusiasm and application.

Don't worry too much about T-rex's dropsies. Not everyone can return to the game after a long break and have hands like my man Brett.

Nutz, agree with everything you say.  T-Rex was hopeless, but worth persevering with.  Luckily the Tiggers didn't go his way to much although he gave them enough goes at the line.  He definitely needs to either go into the forwards or stand deeper in attack.  Choc had a blinder.  Best on the field.  A win but nothing to write home about.  Souths will be tougher but there's a hint of better times.  Ted Bear needs a rocket up his arse or Hargreaves as a replacement.  Ted runs soft and gives away to many penalties.  Kite is sloppy as well.    Rodney, apart from his dropped ball, played well.    

To be honest I'm more concerned about the form of Perry, King, Kite and Cuthbo's stupid F**king offloads in our own 20, than getting on the back of a guy who hasn't played football in six months, and bailey improved a little today, still along way to go but he shows enough in attack and defence at times to show he's got the ability to get it right.

Chip & Chase link said:
Bailey wasn't too bad today, his main problem is that he wants to take on the line too often. He needs to know when to get it to Lyon and if there isn't anything on then have a crack himself. He did get over the line today only to be held up.

As for T-Rex, I said when we signed him that he had that Iro look about his play.....haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise yet. Let's hope he starts to show some more enthusiasm and application.
when his forwards start giving him space snd quick play the balls he may be able to give his centres space. Lets not forget he has be playing behind a pack that has been less than dominant. We have also been accused of playing with too much width, if all bailey does is shovell the ball, then we are worse off. Lets see how his style fits into the structure when we are clicking.
we have seen mattai, robertson, perry, wiilliamson, kennedy, orford, kite, g stewart, kite, hall, watmough, wolfman and ballin all rubbished at various times on this forum. No one can deny they were all instrumental in our last premiership win.

You got it spot on DSM5.

I also thought rodney was good. our front row was relatively quiet but our backrow saved their arse today.

Apart from a dropped ball early I thought hall was good. Stewy2 was a handful for them. He has great hands. Watmugh was easily best on field. More gameslike that and watmough will be wearing sky blue very shortly

Totally agree MS, Williams was totally unfit, needs afew games.

To me the whole forward pack looks like their running on empty - Kite/Perry especially.  Whatever Des did in the off season didnt work.

I do agree that we look down on fitness.

Maybe des gave them a reprieve cuz they won the comp. Match fitness will come though. Kite is a champion. He won't stay down long.

Nutzcraw link said:

Maybe des gave them a reprieve cuz they won the comp. Match fitness will come though. Kite is a champion. He won't stay down long.

if you went back and looked at the way we performed last year you would notice that we peaked and plataued on  a regular basis. we would build for anwhere between 4 and six weeks then back off over the next 2 to 3 weeks. the differnce was we would win despite a flat performance or lose narrowly and not get scrutinised too much. This season we started with a peak with the wcc. it wasnt in our best interests and as result we have started the season flat with a build ahead of us. we havent sneaked those wins during the p[eriod like we did last season, but i think for the most part we have had improvement each week. I have no doubt that des and his team will continue the peak/flatten structure and the team will fall into sync as per last season. I see us finishing the minor premiership at the very least in the 8 with momentum, if we have the bst players fit as we did last year, and given their experience there is still no reason we cant be confident

Biscuits link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=180082.msg218757#msg218757 date=1239526313]

if you went back and looked at the way we performed last year you would notice that we peaked and plataued on  a regular basis. we would build for anwhere between 4 and six weeks then back off over the next 2 to 3 weeks. the differnce was we would win despite a flat performance or lose narrowly and not get scrutinised too much. This season we started with a peak with the wcc. it wasnt in our best interests and as result we have started the season flat with a build ahead of us. we havent sneaked those wins during the p[eriod like we did last season, but i think for the most part we have had improvement each week. I have no doubt that des and his team will continue the peak/flatten structure and the team will fall into sync as per last season. I see us finishing the minor premiership at the very least in the 8 with momentum, if we have the bst players fit as we did last year, and given their experience there is still no reason we cant be confident
[/quote]
Biscuits not sure your style fits in with this forum, far too much calm reasoning, not enough hysterical lynch-mob attacks.
Try to lift your game please.

"TODAY", T-Rex (She-Rex) had it all I reckon:-
1. Personality like Solomon Huamono
2. Play the ball speed of Danny Lima / Mal Kafusi
3. X-factor of Daniel Heckenberg
4. Turn and chase speed of John Hopoate
5. Defense as dominating as Scott Donald
6. Kicking game the stylings of Jye Mullane

He actually looked like he didn't care one way or the other today. Just looked like a non committed, lazy piece of garbage.

That said - it's one game only. I hope he gets another shot, and looks like he's not a South African Tree Sloth (ALA today)

The biggest disappointment with T Rex was his attitude, or rather lack of.

I can forgive, dropped balls, missed tackles, poor positioning etc as that can all be attributed to lack of match play, but he looked uninterested, unenthusiastic and generally looked like he wanted to be any where but Brookvale Oval today.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6