Ballin/hodges rotation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm glad 2V listed to we armchair experts and is now using Hodges sensibly. We are a much more balanced team with options when he is on the bench. And Hodges' passing was much improved on his Cronulla performance. Also, he didn't overplay his hand. I'm sure there is a talented first grader in him, given his chance.

I'm glad 2V listed to we armchair experts and is now using Hodges sensibly. We are a much more balanced team with options when he is on the bench. And Hodges' passing was much improved on his Cronulla performance. Also, he didn't overplay his hand. I'm sure there is a talented first grader in him, given his chance.

If he listened he would have dumped Hodges after last week.

we are 3 from 4 when he plays this year

I have advocating this all year, the variety that Hodges brings allows Manly to take advantage of tired defenders and at the start and end of games allows Matty to be effective in defence and ball distribution, its a good mix and next year it should be used when the new hooker starts as well.

Any more tips we can pass on?;)

Hodges showed enough when thrown in the deep end last year, not sure why it took so long. Personally, I thought it was going to happen from week one.
Hodges played much better this week. His passing was good, and timed his runs well. Threw out his arm for a soft miss tackle though.

Hodges showed enough when thrown in the deep end last year, not sure why it took so long. Personally, I thought it was going to happen from week one.
Hodges played much better this week. His passing was good, and timed his runs well. Threw out his arm for a soft miss tackle though.
Lol he showed he would run off at the first injury he got

He's not a team player, but granted this week was serviceable

Hodges was very good last night. I could only fault him on the 1st Titans line break but Killer was equally responsible for that.

He does improve the side but he is not a major factor in us winning. What is really helping us at the moment is having close to our 1st string forward pack out on the field.

why? Because i am not super negative over a 21 year old 10 gamer like other cocks on this website.
Relax mate, No need to call people Cocks because we might not look at the world the same way you do. I made that comment because you are almost the exact opposite of these people you refer to. You are so invested now as a supporter of his that your bias is as bad as theirs. Its great that you love Hodges, but no need to call people cocks because they don't see what you see.

Hodges was very good last night. I could only fault him on the 1st Titans line break but Killer was equally responsible for that.

He does improve the side but he is not a major factor in us winning. What is really helping us at the moment is having close to our 1st string forward pack out on the field.

Biggest factor is that our back line are finally stringing a few games together without injury interruption. I said before, Hodges isn't a bad player and 15 mins a half to give Ballin a rest certainly ins't hurting the side. However I don't think Hodges is the massive game changer/breaker that others seem to think he is. That said his passing game and defence was infinitely better than last week and will only improve given more game time.

Relax mate, No need to call people Cocks because we might not look at the world the same way you do. I made that comment because you are almost the exact opposite of these people you refer to. You are so invested now as a supporter of his that your bias is as bad as theirs. Its great that you love Hodges, but no need to call people cocks because they don't see what you see.

go it, its ok for you to have a swipe but not for me to swipe back

Definately a winner if you look at stats when Hodges plays, but more importantly changes the tempo of the game & to a point the momentum.
Ballin has been a super player for a long, long time & in fact - the glue to a winning combo imo - but the fact is in todays game - some zip in the ruck is a huge plus....keep Matty as the solid rock & sprinkle the team with some extra flair late each half.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4