Ballin signs till 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are thrilled to announce the re-signing of Matt Ballin until the end of the 2017 NRL season, on the eve of his 200th first-grade game for the Club.

871308-matt-ballin.jpg
Ballin will become only the third Manly hooker to reach the 200 game-milestone when he leads the team out this Easter Saturday at Lavington Sports Ground, Albury.

The Manly stalwart is pleased to have agreed to terms with the Club that he has won two premierships with since making his debut against the Wests Tigers in Round 2, 2007.

“For the past nine and a half years I have proudly represented the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, and my family and I couldn't be happier with the opportunity to remain a one club player,” Ballin said.

“My family and I would like to thank the Penn family, Geoff Toovey and staff for their loyalty, as well as past and present players that I have played with. I play the game because of the friendships and bonds that are formed within a rugby league team.”

“I’d like to thank the sponsors, members and fans who tirelessly support us week in and out, through good and bad. Without your passionate support, the club would not exist.”

“Finally, I would like to thank my wife Shannan and children, Fletcher, Murphy and Mackenzie for their unwavering love. I know my career would not have been possible without your motivation, advice and sacrifice.”

Sea Eagles CEO, Joe Kelly, was delighted to re-sign a person of Ballin’s quality and stature to the Club.

“Matt encapsulates everything we look for in players at our Club – hard working, committed and professional,” Kelly said.

“He is a truly valued clubman and ambassador. We are thrilled to see him extend, knowing that he will finish his NRL career at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.”

“Matt shows incredible leadership and commitment on and off the field and I’m pleased to see that continue into the future.”

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey was full of praise for the one club player who he has worked with for nearly a decade.

“Matt is one of the toughest players to ever wear the jersey,” Toovey said.

“He puts in every single week, leaving nothing on the field and I couldn’t be happier that he has re-committed to the Club.”

Ballin holds the record for the most number of consecutive games for the Sea Eagles (182), represented Queensland on one occasion in 2010, and was voted Manly’s Best and Fairest Player in 2012. He was also a member of the 2008 and 2011 NRL Telstra Premiership winning sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you have a Real Club legend and worthy to receive life membership of Manly.
An honour that DCE and the other knob will never be privileged and committed enough to earn and what other assholes were just given because they played enough games.
Thank You Matt for your commitment to our club. If we cant win this week for this bloke alone, we never will.

Great Easter weekend news! Congrats to Matty Ballin, a very good footballer as well as being a man of honour & integrity :)

Legend. Now get a new Gutho deal done too. And Tom Burgess, then we are on our way.

Well done Matty Ballin. Great to see he will be finishing his career at Manly.
He has confirmed his place as a Manly great.

“For the past nine and a half years I have proudly represented the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, and my family and I couldn't be happier with the opportunity to remain a one club player,” Ballin said.

^^^^
this

Sea Eagles CEO, Joe Kelly, was delighted to re-sign a person of Ballin’s quality and stature to the Club.

^^^^
and this

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

That puts a smile on my face and the club as well. For once after recent stuff a player is rewarded for his long service and hard work and setting an example of what it means to be a true club man. I doubt it much but I hope a few of his colleagues see this and understand this is what its all about.

I like the cut of his jib.

Well done Matty, a shame others aren't cut from he same material.

That puts a smile on my face and the club as well. For once after recent stuff a player is rewarded for his long service and hard work and setting an example of what it means to be a true club man. I doubt it much but I hope a few of his colleagues see this and understand this is what its all about.
Especially the gun Juniors.

That's great news for the club and the fans.

I'm so glad this great person as well as great player will be a one club man.

I hope Jayden Hodges hangs around and learns from a club legend.

Poor old Maxie Krilich waited for quite a few years behind Fred Jones and it was worthwhile for him.

So happy that Matty will become a life member of our club.

We all saw at the end of last year how much Matty means to the team when he's not there to clean up in defence and give such slick service.

Given our current situation and climate, I'm glad such a respected figure will play out his career with us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6