Banks to charge for ATM balance checks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Banks to charge for ATM balance checks

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...balance-checks

ATM customers are set to have their accounts raided by a new range of fees to be introduced by the big banks next month.
Bank customers who use the automatic tellers can now be hit with a $2.50 charge for simply checking their balance — which means a double fee of at least $5 if they also make a cash withdrawal.
Westpac, ANZ, NAB and St George are also set to introduce "disloyalty" fees to target customers who use rival ATMs.
Not only will the user be hit with a service fee by the ATM owner, but their own bank will slug also them for using another company's machine.
The NAB will charge 50c for such a transaction, while the other banks are still deciding on a figure, reports claim.
The Commonwealth Bank has not yet decided whether to follow suit.
"This system punishes the careful customer who checks their balance to make sure they do not incur penalty fees," the Daily Telegraph reported Choice spokeswoman Elissa Freeman as saying.
"It flies in the face of everything we have been told over the years - the idea of paying to check that you have enough money is absurd.''
Reports of the new selection of ATM fees come after all five of the big banks made $1 million donations to the Victorian Bushfires Appeal.

Totally outrageous - banks are bastards. They have my money and charge me to check it. Time we got upset about the continual rorting and finding extra ways to slug the unsuspecting consumer!!!

Strange for the Commonwealth bank not to be a leader when introducing new fees. 

tookey link said:

It's because I have recently become a CBA customer Tookey.

They are very worried that I will close my account and withdraw my $3.75

clontaago link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179366.msg209298#msg209298 date=1236079478]

It's because I have recently become a CBA customer Tookey.

They are very worried that I will close my account and withdraw my $3.75
[/quote]

Don't worry Clon a bank fee will soon take care of that credit balance in your account.

This is an Reserve Bank initiative forced on the industry you bunch of morons.  Use your own Bank's ATM and you don't pay a cent

clontaago link said:
Yep, just checked my balance and now I owe the bank $5!!

The Bank has sent a letter of demand to you today and if you don't pay the outstanding debt within 24 hours before you receive the letter then they make you watch countless hours of the latest DVD - Norths greatest ever losses.  

Be warned it is a long and painful DVD and not for the fainthearted.

The Wheel link said:
This is an Reserve Bank initiative forced on the industry you bunch of morons.  Use your own Bank's ATM and you don't pay a cent

Thanks Ralph. 

Has the Bank ever considered using you as a replacement for Brian Fitzgerald as the Bank's PR spokesperson?  I didn't think so.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6