Banner of Support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Flight

Hey, thinking of pulling together a pot of money and get a phenomonly large banner made up (probably too late for the first game, but we'll see) with the following objective:

Fans support for Stewie, plus a dig at the media/nrl, all in one distinct message...

I'll DD $50 for whoever comes up with the best message (as voted for on this forum) and i'll tip in $200 to the pot to start

good idea? bad idea? Have I had too many red's over a long lunch? let me know if your keen!

Cheers,

Flighty

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
How about
Get rid of the Blight on our Game Gallop
Not quite right there B_e. You have forgotten one important word.

Get rid of the Blight on our Game called "Gallop"

What if he did it thought fellas? I would seriously be saving this for after his trial. Would be far more appropriate and may avoid a hell of a lot of egg.

Flip link said:
What if he did it thought fellas? I would seriously be saving this for after his trial. Would be far more appropriate and may avoid a hell of a lot of egg.
He has a legal right to play. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Flip link said:

Im taking gallops line, the banner will be in opposition for his suspension for drinking on friday night!

Plus, a little anti trial by media sentiment

Thats fair enough then. I wouldn't be harping on about stewarts innocence in any of them though.

no need to, its the appauling way manly and stewart have been targetted and discriminated against compared to players of other clubs that have been through this recently

Flip link said:
Thats fair enough then. I wouldn't be harping on about stewarts innocence in any of them though.

agree, if he's found guilty, he deserves the appropriate punishment from the appropriate authority. at he moment, under the appropriate authority he is innocent.

what I object to is:
- a disproportionate fine to the club, I do believe a fine or sanction is called for however.
- a ridiculous suspension (based on previous cases) for being intoxicated. My inference from the action here is that choco should also be suspended for 5 games along with every intoxicated player. this is ludicrous, its a legal drug and from memory the "drunk in public law" died a very long time ago, if not in legislation, certainly in practice.
- the way the media has gone after him, i.e would they give the same coverage if he is cleared? lots of frontpages on multiple days, leading news stories on multiple days?

FRONT PAGE - limited news suspends manly player for having a drink

Drink, Drunk, the difference is news...and 4 weeks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7