Bargain buy props needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Unless we have a major prop signing in the wings after finals, we look very short upfront.

Assuming Vave/Andrews/Baker/Burgess etc go, our front row stocks by my count are:

Myles
Jake
Lussick
Starling
Lawrence
Jesse SL
Addison
Knight

That won't scare too many packs. Lawrence coming back from injury, two Under 20s prop, one prop (jake, who is fantastic) with less than 30 games experience, JSL more of a backrower , Lussick underwhelming at Eels, Myles lost for 3 SOO games each year.

Surely we need at least another 2 experienced props, who are bargain buys, on top of that list.

But who?

Mason? going cheap does a job and if not required to do the work he did this yar would have been even better. Of course I'm kidding, not because I do not believe what I have typed just wont happen

Klemmer-tiger or doggies
G burgess-Souths will keep one and he will probably stay
T burgess-most likely out of all of them was close to signing with is this year but decided to wait and see how match money he could make
Tapau-warriors or could come to manly at the right price
Tamou-probably raiders
Liu-young and strong would be cheap
Wicks-Likley to stay at parra

What we need is a wrecking ball!
images.jpeg

The names listed above suggests that we have some props waiting to be announced after the finals series. We should have room in the cap to have one more SOO quality forward.
If we where willing to sign up Foran on a life long contract as well, this indicates that can sign a top class forward instead.

Im still thinking we have Tamou

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago that the Dogs were keen to move Tolman on to free up upgrade money for their younger players. I think he'd be a cracking buy. No-nonsense, solid, consistent meter eater.

Matagi and Docker are two cheaper props that are options?

Tamou and one of the Burgess boys would be the two Manly should chase next year. And of course Sam if he decides to come back

We need quality in the front row and Nate Myles will bring much needed experience. I think we need a dynamic 2nd rower who can devastate defences and hit hard in tackles

I am sure I've read the club had given Luke Burgess an assurance he would be at Manly in 2016. A lurker or mole so not concrete but interesting.

We definitely need Matagi. No if buts or maybe's.

Tbh theres been enough...fill in style players in the ranks in recent times & personally prefer some extra quality - 1 more strike player in the forwards than more plodders.
Time to get that big ugly angry forward who intimidates the opposition & inspires his team.
Jake at 21 will go to another level, this exceptional talent should not be expected to be that just yet...maybe Myles can somehow become the tough old head called for in 2016 but that Sam Burgess type would fit perfectly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4