Barrett's hiding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
I sit in the Jane Try and the coaches window is very close to my seat. Since two games back Barrett's seat has been sliding back further and further so us fans can't see him on our way out, to give him the thumbs down out after yet another loss...he knows he's toast I reckon

There's just no intensity in the team. It's been like that for much of the year. Some games we showed it but not that many. Even in the warm up yesterday, you could see they wished the season was over. They even stopped for a drinks break after about 10 mins of warming up!

I know it's the second last game but it was the last game at Brookie for the year and Jamie's last game. A bit more fire would've been nice.

Part of me wants to give him a pass mark based solely on the fact he's been without Stewart, Lyon, Matai, Myles, Walker, Lussick half the year. But most of me doesn't.

These threads aren't about to end any time soon. As long as the team is playing below there potential, he is a marked man. Dogs were top 4 and there was still a big push to sack Des. The team Supporters generally have a pretty good perspective of where there squad is at. We may not be gf contenders but we shouldn't be out of the 8 even with the injuries we have had.

I sit in the Jane Try and the coaches window is very close to my seat. Since two games back Barrett's seat has been sliding back further and further so us fans can't see him on our way out, to give him the thumbs down out after yet another loss...he knows he's toast I reckon

Maybe you're shrinking?

These threads aren't about to end any time soon. As long as the team is playing below there potential, he is a marked man. Dogs were top 4 and there was still a big push to sack Des. The team Supporters generally have a pretty good perspective of where there squad is at. We may not be gf contenders but we shouldn't be out of the 8 even with the injuries we have had.
Agree

Our team has been a rabble on the field and cannot tackle

The only exceptions were against high class teams like the knights and dragons and the bye

Last edited:
There's just no intensity in the team. It's been like that for much of the year. Some games we showed it but not that many. Even in the warm up yesterday, you could see they wished the season was over. They even stopped for a drinks break after about 10 mins of warming up!

I know it's the second last game but it was the last game at Brookie for the year and Jamie's last game. A bit more fire would've been nice.

Great point @manlywarringah....!

My partner and I have been to a few games this season and after yesterdays game we both commented on a similar point to yours purely from observation.

When the ball was dropped or if there was a chance to contest the ball from a kick on the last for example, the hunger to get to the ball first was almost non existent.

Some teams show so much intensity and hunger they can almost be mistaken for being on drugs they are so hyped up. We have looked a bit flat unfortunately more often than not this year.

Regardless of what you think of Barrett as a coach, the team out there yesterday was like a reserve grade side. They put in a solid effort throughout much of the game. Regroup for next year with a couple of big signings, and we will be heading back up the ladder...pending injuries.

So stopping for drinks while warming up is bad ?
I really think TB has the dressing room and players are playing for him. It's been a horrible year for us and a massive leaning cerve for Barret also. Our side play with guts but we are being out coached by other teams.

Judging Baz on this year isn't possible.

The only thing I think he screwed up this year was Walker at 5/8th. Putting Lyon there was only temporary so you can't blame him to much for trying it. I'm sure Bozo had a hand in the decision also.

Other than that single Walker issue I don't know how anyone can blame him for our performance. I actually applaud his approach. He fronts up. Cops it on the chin and admits we need to be better.

We've used over 30 first grade players this year. Not once fielded a full strength 17. Dont think there was more than a couple of times we fielded consecutive 17's. Had more than half our 6.8million salary cap sitting on the sidelines for most of the year. Of the players out - most were senior. So blaming Baz is ridiculous.

If we keep the injuries down in 2017 - there's no doubt we'll be better. We've unearthed some real stars this year and they'll be better in the next.

In 2017 everyone will be applauding Baz....
He'll have to hide as well next year if you are right because the knife wounds will be still be fresh and all the slaps on the back from the same stabbers will have to be dodged.

I can understand they want the year finished as some of us gan
So stopping for drinks while warming up is bad ?
I really think TB has the dressing room and players are playing for him. It's been a horrible year for us and a massive leaning cerve for Barret also. Our side play with guts but we are being out coached by other teams.

Bloody oath stopping for drinks after 10 mins is bad. What are they going to do in game time when they have to play 40 each half!

I can go on but edited my post as I don't want this to be Barrett bashing.

I was a fan of Barrett during his playing career when he got bagged constantly. The thing that is missing is our intensity and drive. I can put that down to the coach as well as the players.

When Watmough, Glenn Stewart etc were playing and Tooves and Hasler coaching there was never a dead rubber or a "nothing game". It all meant something to them and us.

I just hope we as a club never get to the point we just go through the motions in games to get them over with.

It's all about Manly and winning games whether it be for the club or yourselves. I'd give my all if I were out there. If only they knew what it's like to sit on the sidelines and pay your hard earned willing to win!

You can't win all the time and I know that.

The fact these owners decided they wanted to throw Tooves out due to personal issues is a big thing for me.

We are worse than what we were through personal vendettas of our owners.

That is my main problem!@:mad:

Nothing we can do about it now. We just have to hope that this team can find the Manly spirit that has been erased by the owners.

The next few years may not resemble anything we're used to unfortunately...:worried:

So we have players being criticised for staying hydrated before playing and the coach being criticised for when players are not showing urgency to dive on loose balls

At least we have another 6 months of this drivel before the season startes again

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2