• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
1st lap crash
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCXZVuiEtdE[/youtube]

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286674578[/time]

KIWI driver Fabian Coulthard lasted less than a lap before exiting the Bathurst 1000 after demolishing his Commodore when he spun out then rolled into the sand trap at the Chase.

Reports suggested that Coulthard's Bundaberg Red Racing Commodore blew a tire at approximately 280km/h before spinning, hitting a grass embarkment then rolling through the kitty litter in a cloud of dirt, spraying car parts everywhere, before finally coming to a rest.

The driver emerged unscathed and waved to the crowd to signal that he was okay.

After 36 laps Lee Holdworth leads the race in his Fujitsu Racing Commodore.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286674750[/time]

Bathurst Sunday Race Update 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPNakzHBs5A[/youtube]

yes Matas, now multiply that by 30odd, and add grog and mix a dash of dickhead and you get my hometown for a week,

You are right its boring as hell, and for those of us that dont own a pub or a motel, a downright PITA.

It would at least be bearable if it were a full race, but with all the safety cars that come out every time there is a crash, there is no point trying to build a lead as everyone always ends up back in a queue as soon as there is a crash.

Fro link said:
yes Matas, now multiply that by 30odd, and add grog and mix a dash of dickhead and you get my hometown for a week,
  No, that's NSW's Central West 365 days of the year. 

How very snobbish some of the comments regarding motorsport are.

Need people be reminded that alcohol was the drug of choice for Oscar Wilde, just the same as it is for Wayneo & Trev from the Druitt?

Remember snobs, people think you're bogans because you're football fans but I'm sure you're first to point out the philosophical struggle that is tribe v tribe in the modern world.

Everything in life is of equal merit, it's only the merit of the individual that varies (except wrestling, that's **** :p).

Go Ford, next year.

Duff link said:

Need people be reminded that alcohol was the drug of choice for Oscar Wilde, just the same as it is for Wayneo & Trev from the Druitt?

Remember snobs, people think you're bogans because you're football fans but I'm sure you're first to point out the philosophical struggle that is tribe v tribe in the modern world.

Everything in life is of equal merit, it's only the merit of the individual that varies (except wrestling, that's s**t :p).

Go Ford, next year.

I would argue that Ford fans have less then equal merit, hence your whole argument is worth nothing. :p

But seriously folks... the whole second driver rule they introduced this year is rubbish, all it did was create a situation where experienced drivers came out of retirement for a race and everyone who couldn't attract them was left in the ****.

Duff link said:

Everything in life is of equal merit, it's only the merit of the individual that varies (except wrestling, that's s**t :p).

Go Ford, next year.

It's not their drug of choice thats the problem Duff, its the behaviour of choice.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185731.msg302156#msg302156 date=1286885232]

Go Ford, next year.

It's not their drug of choice thats the problem Duff, its the behaviour of choice.
[/quote]

Yes but I'm referring to the sentiment that all motorsport fans are bogans & all boozers are bogans, therefore a boozed motorsport fan is the epitomy of boganity by definition.
He may well be this but that's also how the rest of the world view footy fans.

Glass houses & all that.

Nah duff, the average motorsport fan may or may not be a bogan.

But the ones that come here for a week and live in a tent with no shower and complain when they are only alowed to take a carton per person per day on track, are certainly from a different planet.

As if 24 cans a day is not enough.

Thanks Gronk & Rusty, I knew I could rely on your support.

Fro, sometimes 24 cans a day just isn't enough.

I do agree that it would be the rough element that you would encounter at Bathurst on race week. I'm way to delicate to go to something like that. I wouldn't want to be stuck up there dealing it all. It's not the world for a hipster. 8)

I was more trying to jump on the snobbish denegration of the entire sport, before it took hold. That seems to be a popular conga line for people to follow.

Duff link said:
Thanks Gronk & Rusty, I knew I could rely on your support.

Fro, sometimes 24 cans a day just isn't enough.

I do agree that it would be the rough element that you would encounter at Bathurst on race week. I'm way to delicate to go to something like that. I wouldn't want to be stuck up there dealing it all. It's not the world for a hipster. 8)

I was more trying to jump on the snobbish denegration of the entire sport, before it took hold. That seems to be a popular conga line for people to follow.

Any time Duff,

As to the denigration, I work on the North Shore, am a Manly fan, and have to put up with Rugby fans, who have fewer brain cells in their heads then ice cubes in their drinks telling me how RL is a sport for bogans. I think we can all share the love a little, sport is sport. Soccer, Rugby, RL, whatever I don't always like it but I am not going to put someone else down for liking it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7