Battle for the Spoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alan

Reserve Grader
Whilst it is true that the gummies are the only team that consider the wooden spoon as silverware, their recent form may have played them out of contention.

Of the other contenders, Sticky has the experience, and achieving the distinction of 3 in a row at 2 different clubs will be a powerful motivating factor.

Bennet is hopelessly outclassed and has no idea of what is required to lift the spoon.

When Ricky was appointed coach of the Raiders I invested everything I had on a Canberra spoon.
So I'm backing another spoon for Rick.
At least he can say then that he has achieved something, by paying off my mortgage. :p

Yeah I think Sticky and the Faders have one hand on the spoon now.

Certainly they or the Gummies (if they revert to their truer selves) are the two most likely.

It would be astonishing if the Noughts and Bennett played themselves into spoon contention...And I'd say if they did Bennett would definitely honour the last year of his deal there.

Surely he wouldn't move on, on such a low note?

Manly To Win! said:
Canberra or Sharks, Newcastle have the class to string some wins together, the other 2 don't.

Agree.
Though I will be cheering mightily for that accolade to be awarded to the Knights come early September.

I certainly hope Canberra wins the spoon as it may convince those that still believe Stuart can coach they had been misguided for many years.
I admire the way Cronulla has fought back, despite almost everything going against them this season, and hope they continue to knock off the more fancied teams. On paper Cronulla have the players to make the top six. If the club survives financially after this season then it will be a big effort.

Broncos Salary Cap Audit is being reported as being more 'complex' than first thought.

So they may be the dark horse for the spoon ;P

Trickey's coaching will collect a spoon 3 years in a row. Or is it more than that? Could have picked up one or two at Cronulla before the 2 at the eels?

Cliffy said:
Trickey's coaching will collect a spoon 3 years in a row. Or is it more than that? Could have picked up one or two at Cronulla before the 2 at the eels?

I thought he was only at Parramatta for one season. He really deserves evey spoon he earns.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2