Battle of two halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MANLY second-rower Anthony Watmough is tipped to sign a long-term deal at the Sea Eagles in a deal that would make him among the highest paid in the NRL.

Off-contract Manly backrower Anthony Watmough could become one of the highest paid players in the NRL.

The powerful off-contract Australian forward is in discussions with the Sea Eagles.
No other NRL club has officially entered the fray to secure one of the most sought-after players in the game.
Plenty of clubs are prepared to have a crack at the Narrabeen junior, but it has emerged they will not get near him.
Watmough’s manager George Mimis told The Manly Daily negotiations with the club are progressing favourably, with the prospect of the 26-year-old testing himself on the market unlikely.
“I’m not talking to other clubs, I don’t know if there will be a need for that,” Mimis said.
“I hope our discussions (with Manly) can bare fruit.
“It’s a work in progress and discussions are productive.
“Choc is in the top handful of players based on his rep performances last year.
“We are hoping his next deal will reflect that.”
Should talks with Manly stall, there are no shortage of clubs interested in the Blues enforcer.
“He’s certainly a good player,” Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah said.
“I imagine Manly will find it hard to keep a hold of him.
“He’s undoubtedly the type of player all clubs would be keen on and we’re no different.”
Raiders boss Don Furner also said Watmough would be a bonus in Canberra’s pack.
“He’s a quality player and you’d love to have him in your team,” Furner said.
“But we haven’t been in contact with his manager.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4