Be Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Can I just put it out there, that we all need to take a deep breath and remember what it is to be Many in the first place?

To be Manly is to be passionate, relentless, driven, uncompromising, loyal. To be Manly is to band together, to be Manly is to stand out from the rest of the competition and overcome the hate and the jealousy. To be Manly is to win and rise above - that's Manly.

Attacking ourselves is not Manly, wishing failure on our club or anyone within our club is not Manly, not giving a new incoming coach a chance is not Manly, and burying our heads in the sand is also not Manly.

We may all hate the way this season has played out to date, we may all hate the way Toovey's sacking has played out and we may all hate the way the owners have managed the club since they took over. However; the facts are these - Toovey will not be coach in 2016, the Penn's own the club and put their money into it and get to call the shots. Bozo is doing what he thinks is right in order to bring the club long-term success and Trent Barrett will be our coach next year.

To read people's comments that they hope Barrett fails and we miss the 8, to read that they refuse to support our new coach next year is really disturbing. Let's not become the very thing that you hate - people say they hate the disloyalty to a Manly legend, people say they hate that the Penn's and Zorba are putting themselves before the success of the club. Yet tearing down Barrett before he has even started at Manly and wishing the club fails is being the very thing you claim is wrong with our club.

Let's support Toovey with everything we have - let's hope for a fairytale finish, but let's also hope that Barrett, the new players coming next year, and those that remain are able to drive another decade of Manly dominance! [insert 'they can never take our freedom imagery' here]

Can I just put it out there, that we all need to take a deep breath and remember what it is to be Many in the first place?

To be Manly is to be passionate, relentless, driven, uncompromising, loyal. To be Manly is to band together, to be Manly is to stand out from the rest of the competition and overcome the hate and the jealousy. To be Manly is to win and rise above - that's Manly.

Attacking ourselves is not Manly, wishing failure on our club or anyone within our club is not Manly, not giving a new incoming coach a chance is not Manly, and burying our heads in the sand is also not Manly.

We may all hate the way this season has played out to date, we may all hate the way Toovey's sacking has played out and we may all hate the way the owners have managed the club since they took over. However; the facts are these - Toovey will not be coach in 2016, the Penn's own the club and put their money into it and get to call the shots. Bozo is doing what he thinks is right in order to bring the club long-term success and Trent Barrett will be our coach next year.

To read people's comments that they hope Barrett fails and we miss the 8, to read that they refuse to support our new coach next year is really disturbing. Let's not become the very thing that you hate - people say they hate the disloyalty to a Manly legend, people say they hate that the Penn's and Zorba are putting themselves before the success of the club. Yet tearing down Barrett before he has even started at Manly and wishing the club fails is being the very thing you claim is wrong with our club.

Let's support Toovey with everything we have - let's hope for a fairytale finish, but let's also hope that Barrett, the new players coming next year, and those that remain are able to drive another decade of Manly dominance! [insert 'they can never take our freedom imagery' here]
Lol......

Denis Carnahan ( That's in QLD fame) has done a Manly parody on the demise of 2V, the ABC played it on radio yesterday.

Someone smarter than me should find it and stick it up, it says as much, Manlys worse enemies are themselves , not the players , the board and their fans.

We have been slowly eating ourselves from the inside out for almost a decade.

So well said, and as I have said on 2-3 occasions , the war has been won, we can't change anything so let the healing begin !!

Take a look at the Yokahontas post in the Toovey Signs thread about Barrett laughing at his/her Mum in her Manly gear.

Denis Carnahan ( That's in QLD fame) has done a Manly parody on the demise of 2V, the ABC played it on radio yesterday.

Someone smarter than me should find it and stick it up, it says as much, Manlys worse enemies are themselves , not the players , the board and their fans.

We have been slowly eating ourselves from the inside out for almost a decade.

So well said, and as I have said on 2-3 occasions , the war has been won, we can't change anything so let the healing begin !!
Totally agree Mark, we can only hope that the football club ceases to issue inflammatory emails and stop leaking to journos and our owners do something similar and keep a lid on Zorba.

The war is over time to move on and support our team.

It's still 2015 and we express the hurt, confusion and outrage caused by Manly against their own :mad:

Next season's welcoming committee can wait till 2016, for those that choose to be on it @:cool:

#TeamToovey

"To be Manly is to be passionate, relentless, driven, uncompromising, loyal. To be Manly is to band together, to be Manly is to stand out from the rest of the competition and overcome the hate and the jealousy. To be Manly is to win and rise above - that's Manly"

That is Toovey dammit!

"To be Manly is to be passionate, relentless, driven, uncompromising, loyal. To be Manly is to band together, to be Manly is to stand out from the rest of the competition and overcome the hate and the jealousy. To be Manly is to win and rise above - that's Manly"

That is Toovey dammit!
I don't disagree with you at all - he is definitely all of those things.

I agree that when Barrett is coach he will get my support and agree that everyone needs to support the new regime. How Barrett conducts himself with regards to Manly and our proud history will be under the microscope in due course.

For now though Tooves is the coach so i don't recognise next season until the current one is over. Parra look to the future year after year in the belief that it will get better.

2 premierships by 2020, talk about pie in the sky, that pie is out of reach even for Zorba lol.

Being Manly is exactly what the team has shown over the last two weeks, no matter how hard things get they will fight to the end. Here's hoping that they continue to Be Manly, the one we all know and love :) So lets keep the focus on our current situation and leave the Barrett era for next season imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7