Be proud!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Intensely disappointing end to the season. No doubt about that: we literally saved our worst game of the season for what ultimately became our last game of the season. 80 minutes of fumbling, bumbling football and anonymous performances by a fair percentage of the team.... in terms of "good, bad and ugly" it was all just ugly, with only a few gems by captain courageous Killer giving us any real hope.

What's done is done however and can't be changed. It seemed to me that this year we never quite clicked as such... I can't remember a single dominant 80 minute performance from our boys at all this year, just a few brilliant spells or even 40 minutes of breathtaking footy that wasn't backed up in the second half.

But without digging too deeply this year has been a shambles really, from De$ ripping into the club, to being ravaged by injury and suspension all year. But such is Rugby League... It builds character and you've gotta roll with the punches, so to speak.

Whatever the case I'm still proud of our boys, and proud to be a supporter of the mighty SEA EAGLES!

Let's not rag out the boys. They deserve our respect. The true test of a fan is not how you back them when they're winning, but how you stand by then when they lose.

We've had enormous success of late, but unfortunately fell at the last hurdle in our attempt for a second successive Grand Final, and what would have been our fourth in six seasons. No other team can legitimately claim a record even close to that in the modern game.

So be proud and stay proud of our mighty club. Don't be down on them. If people want to have a go at you for being a Manly supporter, just smile and remember our strong heritage and winning culture. NO ONE comes close to us in recent times.... and the only club that did was proven to be rorting the cap.

Stay strong. Be proud. Be Manly.

Great Post Komori.
Thanks for that.

When i just pressed like it went up by 2, i might unlike it now to see what happens.

Loved those sentiments Komori...well said mate...thanks to all the boys for another season...roll on 2013

KOMORI said:
Let's not rag out the boys. They deserve our respect. The true test of a fan is not how you back them when they're winning, but how you stand by then when they lose.

Stay strong. Be proud. Be Manly.

Well said KOMORI. Being true means taking the bad with the good. Always proud. Always Manly. One team only for me. Roll on next year.

I just feel that this club and it's team deserve our respect and our support through thick and thin: no matter the outcome.

We all feel the pain our players do when they lose, we all feel the pride when they win. It certainly stings going out like this, but we WILL bounce back: and I'll NEVER give up on my Manly.

SEA EAGLES FOREVER!

100% agree with the post, had a great year considering everything that has gone on within club off and on the field. Very disappointing tonight though but I'll be their on the hill cheering the boys on come next March and everyone should remember their comments they make tonight on this forum. I hope they can say they never said things they can't repeat at the opening game next year and not be ashamed about their comments because of the disappointment of tonight

Well said. Will always be proud to be a Sea Eagle. They tried but as I thought weeks ago injuries killed us. Some of those guys probably should not be playing and it showed tonight. Good luck boys you have done your club proud and better luck in 2013.

Well said.

Yeah tonight was a train wreck and unfortunately, we have the propensity to do that at times.

There is no doubt we are also fairly busted up physically. But there are no excuses. We were worse than we were against the Bulldogs....which is really saying something.

We will be back....if history teaches us anything. We are never down for long.

Good post. Probably the worst big game I have seen us play. Worse even than 2007 GF.
Somehow we never quite pulled it together this year. Yet the team showed good spirit.
We won't go away. I feel positive about our recruiting.

Arko-admirer said:
Good post. Probably the worst big game I have seen us play. Worse even than 2007 GF.
Somehow we never quite pulled it together this year. Yet the team showed good spirit.
We won't go away. I feel positive about our recruiting.

Well put Komori. Tooves has done great under extremely trying circumstances this year. We will be thereabouts next season and with some exciting youth coming through have a great deal to look forward to.

Yes, the team deserves our respect for their efforts in getting us to tonights game.

For me, the eye opener has been the almost unbelievable comments of some of the fanbase here tonight. Losing isnt an excuse for low class displays.

I can be proud.

I also have the ability to be p***ed off when ****e performances are put up.

If they can accept my cheers and adulation, then

they can learn to feel my disappointment.

Parents, you ever go mad at your kids? You love them less do you?

Doubtful.

So, proud I am, annoyed I am as well. I can be both when I need to be, as I can be proud and in awe.

As I dust off my credit card for another years membership + other manly gear I say yes....

I can be both.

Go Manly!

The "experts" predicted we would have a far worse season than we did. Taking the dramas following the GF into consideration the boys performed creditably this year. Last night was a shocker but a lot of them just looked jaded. Time to rest up and come back next year with a vengeance.........on a side note Jamie is a legend, the club should tie up his kids to long term contracts right now.

Trex bashing a bit average, Melbourne have done that to many teams. We where simply off our game. We a lot more relaxed off season, toovs can work on things not looking for staff and trying to keep players. The young kids signed up and coming through puts us in good stead, will give keep older guys in team on there toes.

robbiea said:
There is nothing about that disgrace to be proud about.
You can be proud we made it to the grand final qualifier. 12 other clubs never made it this far, including several that were more highy favoured than us.

Storm have belted us before (they've belted many teams before) we just have to regroup. The season review will mark our year as 'gutsy' and 'battling'. B+

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4