• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Tweet from MG tomorrows Sunday Tele cover

2d0rqh.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297502330[/time]

also

Front page Sunday Telegraph - News Limited agrees to exit the game on April 30, IC to start RT

Re: Possible beat up coming

Just a guess but I wonder if dropmough will be mentioned? 

I'm not surprised. There was a thread about Rose and in that thread there were people saying that they'll get themselves into trouble. You could see this coming and I hope it's nothing serious.

So much for flying under the radar and I'll bet sponsors will be knocking down our doors.

tookey link said:
Just a guess but I wonder if dropmough will be mentioned?  

Cant find him as a friend on facebook. Maybe he has deleted his account? Facebook for close friends cant be too much of a problem but 2000 friends??? Not a great idea to tell the world where your going to get drunk etc.... Reminds me of the George Rose Tweet...

Maybe a beat up I am sure but for a club without a sponsor after the horror season last year...time to wake up!

Not much in it. The NRL hired a policewoman to go undercover and show players how easy it was to be trapped. All clubs had the same results. Story says how she pointed out the players she had trapped while undercover at a players meeting at Manly of the dangers over being trapped using facebook and stuff. Basically goes on the players where surprised how easy it is to be trapped and that most had stopped using facebook now. She also warned players to turn the blutooth off  on there phones. She brought out photos she got off the phones and she intercepted a message from 1 Manly player had messaged " I dont want to be here, this is crap" while she was talking

I am glad they have taken this action. Private lives of Manly players should be kept private and out of the press. If this is the result, great.

DUFFMAN link said:
She intercepted a message from 1 Manly player had messaged \" I dont want to be here, this is crap\" while she was talking

Haha, that's all time.

DUFFMAN link said:
Not much in it. The NRL hired a policewoman to go undercover and show players how easy it was to be trapped. All clubs had the same results. Story says how she pointed out the players she had trapped while undercover at a players meeting at Manly of the dangers over being trapped using facebook and stuff. Basically goes on the players where surprised how easy it is to be trapped and that most had stopped using facebook now. She also warned players to turn the blutooth off  on there phones. She brought out photos she got off the phones and she intercepted a message from 1 Manly player had messaged \" I dont want to be here, this is crap\" while she was talking

I'm really glad our police resources are going to trapping players to show them how they can get caught.Um,der....surely if they're savvy enough to use the internet,or a mobile,they should know that cyberspace is "open slather"!Just remember next time you call crime-stoppers,or 000,where the cops REALLY are!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/confidential/sea-eagles-players-fall-into-facebook-honey-trap-in-social-media-test/story-e6frepnx-1226005004308

More about this here
When I seen the front page I thought Great, how dumb are these blokes.
But after reading it there is nothing to it.

AFP could be our major sponsor.Put their money and resources to a worthwhile cause-Sea Eagles!

You know what I hope... that the whole story isn't based off the thread here. If the over sensitive rants of a few posters were picked up and made into a story I will be very disappointed.

Nah rusty its a bit of a spank fantasy put together by news limited
Some retard cop baited a few players and they said "why not?"
Then they did some seminar,utter rubbish article

To be fair if i was a footy player and a good looking chick advanced on me and i was single whats wrong with that?

Are they banned from trying to pickup people should they beocme hermits and not go out in public at all because they play in the NRL?

Seriously what does this prove? does it prove they are male? what a waste of ink

Shane link said:
Nah rusty its a bit of a spank fantasy put together by news limited
Some retard cop baited a few players and they said \"why not?\"
Then they did some seminar,utter rubbish article

Yeah read the article just now. Beat up is exactly the right term.

I'm sick to death of the bad publicity and beat ups we cop as a club. I know it's part and parcel to cop **** for following a team everybody loves to hate. But when we constantly get complete and utter bull**** published and headlines on front pages of newspapers like the above mentioned I can't cop it! I read that and without even reading the article it paints a very ordinary picture. Journalists are the scum of the earth and MG is a deadset wanka. They are always the first ones to **** on the game any opportunity they get, and we can never seem to be given a break.

Sensational headlines sell papers.

Regardless of what the story says, the headline will be caught by millions.

The Sunday Telegraph understands the ruse has proved just as effective with players from other clubs.

Yet only the Sea Eagles players and club were singled out for tabloid sensationalism.

King link said:
I'm sick to death of the bad publicity and beat ups we cop as a club. I know it's part and parcel to cop s**t for following a team everybody loves to hate. But when we constantly get complete and utter bulls**t published and headlines on front pages of newspapers like the above mentioned I can't cop it! I read that and without even reading the article it paints a very ordinary picture. Journalists are the scum of the earth and MG is a deadset wanka. They are always the first ones to s**t on the game any opportunity they get, and we can never seem to be given a break.
Actually MG only tweeted the front page of the tele last nite about the IC headline

So where is the mention of the other clubs by name who also fell for the this particular bit of entrapment?

This is not the type publicity our club needs as it attempts to secure a major sponsor. One has to wonder if the timing of the article is calculated to damage the Sea Eagles brand.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8