Beautiful start

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
For a round 1 I couldn't be happier, still plenty to work on but to go away and get the points is a great start to the year, especially liked the composure shown to come back into the game like that.

Foran, wow, what a game. If Johns has had anything to do with that he has already earnt his coin, all round his game was sensational

I went into the game with question marks over Lawrence as a starter, they are well and truly gone, he had a class game

If we thought we had a ripper with Joe the last couple of years we have an even better one with Fa'aoso I think, fearless and aggressive, just how I like them

Both centres were all class and Matai dined out off Forans effort all night long

DCE a real rocks and diamonds game, 1st half was terrible but redeemed himself in the 2nd

Kite impressive, again playing long minutes and just as effective at the end of them. Horo looked solid as was Choc but Buhrer struggled a touch

Did we use Lene-Safao, cant recall him

Brett is certainly not 100% but him being there and providing a touch of class in 2 tries showed his worth even when not fully on song

Discipline again needs to be worked on, but fitness, handling and defence all picked up a pass mark tonight. A very solid base to build from for the season

Agree with everything you have written mate. The best thing is we are only going to get better.

I live in Noosa Heads and most of my surfing buddies are broncos tragics,i will give em stick tomorrow,

I really liked how Foran popped up on the right and Killer popped up on the left. Old school style, get you class players hands on the ball as often as you can. I hope that flexibility in positioning continues.

Lawrence was really good, looked fit and really enthusiastic, something we have lacked up front. Richie will be occasionally frustrating I can see, because he is 1 million miles an hour and no fear which says error every now and then.

Happy with that performance for sure, attack looked more classy and composed. Maybe the absence of T-Rex is going to be a good thing and will encourage some creativity.

First half was poor discipline and ball control. Second half was exact opposite. Kite didn't impress with his early runs, but really stepped it up second half. Foran an obvious masterclass. Painful that he chose the Kiwis.

Gower will be back in NSW Cup.
Fa'aoso & Lawrence look like real goers. Richie was devastating both in attack and defence.

Hodges caused plenty of trouble but once we nullified that the Broncs were done and dusted. Looks like we might be lacking a bit of speed in the outside backs. Should be good once Snake is 100%.

Overall a good foundation to build on.

8/10

What was with that run of Broncos penalties? Each tackled Bronco started crawling forward & flapping about then the referees started giving them penalties for it.

Very impressed with that.

Foz and Cherry looked great, Foz looks injury free and a lot better than last year.

Lawrence is a great pick up, seems really happy to be there. I though Horo was great in the first 20 as well, struggled big time with cramp in the second half which pretty much nullified him. His touches were good and skillful and he probably is still down on confidence.

How good was the stat at 60 minutes on errors - just 2. Sensational effort on a wet surface in the first game of the season. A shame Gower came on and doubled it in the next 5 minutes.

Seemed to be some real game plan for different periods. Great to see and probably different to last year as tooves got the entire off season to work on the team.

Couldn't get a read on Jesse for such a short stint but Gower needs to work on ball control. He will provide reasonable back up when called up from NSW cup but looks like thats his role.

a good start for game 1. Had the composure to play football and not over play. DCE's kick from the scrum was crazy, but he came good.

Lawrence could be the eye opener this year, great performance, seems to have a big motor! Horo was a little disappointing, but it's early in the year.

The backs were great, Lyon didn't get many opportunities but is all class. Stewart tried hard to get involved which is a good sign.

Buhrer worked hard all game, Kite and Choc a mention too. The only players that didn't excite were Gower and and a lesser extent Horo.

Very happy with Lawrence and The Fuss. Great additions, Horo will go well once he gels with Foz and Stevie.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6