Beaver and Cliffy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are there any clues on whether these legends will be involved when Tooves takes the reigns, or even before?
I would think it would be great to see them back in some form of coaching or as any part of the team, it would be a huge lift for everyone.

It doesn't seem to me that Toovey has that many loyal mates to start with. Everyone's just turned their back on him, but that was after they threw him in the lake, and called, "I hope you can swim, pal"....as they walked away.

I feel for Toovey. On a hiding to nothing. He'll be getting a club about as established as The Central Coast Bears staff wise if we continue down this route.

Poor bloke. Thank christ my mates have more character than some of this mob.

Ryan said:
It doesn't seem to me that Toovey has that many loyal mates to start with. Everyone's just turned their back on him, but that was after they threw him in the lake, and called, "I hope you can swim, pal"....as they walked away.

I feel for Toovey. On a hiding to nothing. He'll be getting a club about as established as The Central Coast Bears staff wise if we continue down this route.

Pfffttt...are things really that bad?

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ryan said:

You tell me. Who has put their hand up in support of Toovey's success so far? They have all turned their backs on the little champion plain and simple, and that is paramount to the giving Toovey the bird, and telling him to go **** himself as they drive to Canterbury each day.

I repeat, poor bloke. He deserves better than those that kick him in the nuts over "principle:.

Ryan said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Ryan said:

You tell me. Who has put their hand up in support of Toovey's success so far? They have all turned their backs on the little champion plain and simple, and that is paramount to the giving Toovey the bird, and telling him to go f**k himself as they drive to Canterbury each day.

I repeat, poor bloke. He deserves better than those that kick him in the nuts over "principle:.

You make a very good point mate, I didnt quite look at it that way but you have enlightened me, lets hope that Beaver, Cliff and other get on board and support him.

Before everyone makes a beeline for The Gap - the only people of note to have left are Desmond and Noel. The latter has form in this area because he followed Bozo back across the Bridge in 1983 to join Manly. So nobody should be completely surprised that he is leaving now to follow another good mate, who did 50% of his tackling for him. Fatty of course was responsible for the other 50% of Crusher's 'tackling quota.'

Things would have to be far worse than this before I started worrying about next year. Just try and enjoy the premiership win and recognise that most of this stuff is the (more or less) usual white noise that surrounds premiership winning sides during the off season. Every departure is portrayed as the end of the world - "Oooh, shock and awe, the guy who scrubs the dunnies at Narrabeen is leaving! Things are obviously falling apart over at Manly - let's beat this up like there's no tomorrow!"

Who cares if Cleal goes? He's done a job for us, just like he did for Parramatta. Remember we poached him from them the second time around. He's replaceable and his legacy will live on through the recruitment system at Manly for some years yet.

Can anybody imagine Tooves going to Canterbury.......no I can't either, he's Manly through and through, could'nt see Beaver there or Cliffy..........just saying.... This could be the start of a great new era for us, 10 year dynasty even, now we've separated the chaff from the seeds of the future.

Ryan said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Ryan said:

You tell me. Who has put their hand up in support of Toovey's success so far? They have all turned their backs on the little champion plain and simple, and that is paramount to the giving Toovey the bird, and telling him to go f**k himself as they drive to Canterbury each day.

Surely there has to be questions riased as to how Toovey and Hasler's relationship will be now that Hasler is ripping the guts out of the coaching staff?

tookey said:
Ryan said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Ryan said:

Surely there has to be questions riased as to how Toovey and Hasler's relationship will be now that Hasler is ripping the guts out of the coaching staff?

As always Tooks, great point mate.

It is probably not exACTLY Crusher who is the biggest loss, it is his network of scouts who he can tap into, the question is who do we get who can build that type of network up and do it pretty quickly?

Ryan said:

As long as all the the players remain loyal to Toovey thats all that matters, all the others can leave and are replaceable. Dont feel sorry for Toovey as Toovey stands for Tughness and he has always stated that he is his own man and he will replace the ones that left with his own men. Just becuase the dogs will have Des and Crusher it doesent guarantee them a premiership as there are no guarantess in life.

Ryan said:

Ryan,I don't usually agree with you much,but this time I am,this is a very good point mate,who needs enemies with friends like that

I don't see it as Toovs being left high and dry. He will have the core talent at the club when he takes the reins and will have around him loyal guys and gals. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Beaver and a few others met for lunch with a view to strengthening ties within the club. I can see Cliffy being beside him as he's got some clues about coaching already with some success in the local comp. Toovs is a fantastic guy, smart and convivial. he'll do me. Beaver will be in their somewhere.

The Wheel said:
It is probably not exACTLY Crusher who is the biggest loss, it is his network of scouts who he can tap into, the question is who do we get who can build that type of network up and do it pretty quickly?
You'd have to think Bozo would be pretty good at seeing potential in up and coming players. Remember he brought Cleal to the club as a player. Wonder if he'd be interested in that sort of role? He'd have plenty of contacts in the league community.

The Wheel said:

Should use the Manly fans, we are scattered from one end of the country to the other, I watch junior footy and local footy and I am sure there a lot of Manly fans do as well. Wouldnt cost the club much, if one of us seen a junior who is worth a look at then we email/call the recruitment team and they come for a look. I bet we would have more scouts than Cleal, just a thought but might work with some fine tuning.

The thing is they talk of Cleal having 200 odd scouts. Whose to say they 'work' exclusively for Cleal? If all 16 clubs had 200 scouts (or thereabouts) each and working exclusively for the relevant club, that is a veritable sh-tload of scouts! I dare say the number of RL scouts in this country is much less than 3200.

Somehow I doubt that the '200' mentioned all work exclusively for Cleal.

This is one reason why having Des on board in 2012 makes sense. Tooves will have time to put together a team and do it his way. As assistant, Des will allow him greater involvement then.

There are a lot of facets in the team from analysts, medical staff, game day staff etc, along with the retention committee and management.

Sad the good guys are leaving but noone is around forever and the club will have to work out how to do things differently.

The big priority is to get the board working together and sort out the behind the scenes hassles and move forward together!!

I read somewhere that Ronnie Gibbs covers the whole state promoting and organizing junior league. I daresay he'd have connections and potential to step into crushers shoes for manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6