Beaver gets his chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Steve Menzies may be the latest former great to be inducted to the Manly coaching ranks. After successfully bringing along Des Hasler and Geoff Toovey, the Sea Eagles are looking at giving 'Beaver' a start in junior development when he returns from Europe.

Menzies doesn't have any designs on coaching at NRL level just yet but don't be surprised if he is by Toovey's side within a year or two. The Manly legend will hang up his well-worn headgear at the end of the Super League season, just shy of his 40th birthday.

He's too chilled to be a head coach, but having his calming influence around the club can only be a positive.

Love the Beave.

Look what he has done already

Watmough - will never play against Manly
Brett - will never play against manly
King - will never play against manly
Ballin, matai and Glenn would more than likely be the same.

He is definitely too cruisy and laid back to be head coach. But if he was an assistant coach, or some part of the 1st grade coaching set up, even running the water, it would be such a great inspiration for our players.
Its said that the great coaches make their players want to play well for them. Imagine how much more our boys would lift, knowing they are playing for the great Beaver?!

We all saw what Beaver was capable of as a player, who knows what he may achieve in a development/coaching/ambassador role. In Beaver we trust! :)

Beaver headed back to Brookie
Richard Maxton |
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Beaver-headed-back-to-Brookie/79715

00087555-leadimage.jpg

Photo: nrlphotos.com
Thursday 18 July 2013 3:28 PM
Beaver headed back to Brookie
The Sea Eagles are proud to announce that, after 21 years of first grade rugby league, Manly icon Steve "Beaver" Menzies will next year return to where it all began.
Menzies will be back at Brookvale Oval as a club ambassador in 2014 and 2015 after announcing his retirement from playing at the end of the current Super League season, just two months before his 40th birthday.
The prolific forward will be involved across all aspects of the business, including event and corporate appearances whilst acting as our valued Membership Ambassador.
“I spent my entire NRL career with the Sea Eagles and I’m excited to be involved with Manly once again,” Menzies said.
“It will be great to be back on the northern beaches, sharing my love for the Club that gave me my start.”
Many of the Sea Eagles' senior squad played alongside Beaver in his final years and were glad to hear the news of his return.
"I think it's a great move," co-captain Jamie Lyon said. "Beaver is, if not the biggest legend in the Club, he's right up there.
"So it's great to get him back and all the boys are looking forward to seeing him around the place."
General Manager David Perry believes that, as well as an inspirational figure, Menzies will be an invaluable asset to the Club.
"Steve wasn’t just a great player and loyal clubman but an extremely popular character for the Sea Eagles on and off the field," he said.
"He has a great passion for the Sea Eagles and the area in which he grew up and will be a great influence on our business and community.
"We can't wait to have him involved and we're sure our players and supporters will be excited to see one of Manly's favourite sons in Maroon and White once again."
Beaver played in five grand finals for the Club, including Manly's 1996 victory over the Dragons, claiming a second Premiership in 2008 to bring a fairytale end to his NRL career.
Menzies made his first grade debut in 1993, earning both the Dally M Rookie of the Year and Second Rower of the Year awards in the following season. He represented the Blues in 20 State of Origin clashes and won 19 Test caps for Australia.
He’s the most prolific try-scoring forward in Australian rugby league history, with 180 tries from 349 games for the club.
His try in the final minutes of Manly's record-breaking 40-0 victory over the Storm is one of the most iconic moments in Sea Eagles history.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4