Beaver on Footy Show - Manly Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan

In case anyone didnt see, Beaver was just interviewed on the Footy show and said he woulkd most definitely be interested in playing another season in the NRL, and that it would be with Manly. Voss then interviewed Lowe who said it won't be happening due to not enough room under the cap (kind of hard to believe when we have a lot of deals which still haven't been confirmed). In any event, Vossy noted that with some of the players we have, surely we would love to have Beaver in there. He suggested that Manly fans, particulary members, email the club and make it known our thoughts  on wanting Menzies back to the club, and that maybe just maybe the club would listen and have him back, maybe through working it out with the NRL, or maybe a 3rd party sponsorship through a consortinum.

Okay, yes it is a fair stretch that the club might take it on board, and get the Beaver back. But its not the worst idea? Anyone else going to take the plunge that Vossy suggested. Maybe we will have the great man back?

Bring back the Beaver!!!!!!!

If Steve Menzies wants to play one more season with Manly in 2011 and the administrators and CEO, give us some bullsh*t reason not allowing him to play for Manly... I'll quit following this team

A player like Beaver should be exempt from the salary cap and top 25 list because of years of service to one club.

Unfortunately we have someone like Gallop in charge who has NFI

only way i can see him coming back is if a non manly sponsor put up the money for him so manly only had to go min nrl wage.

Anyone out there stinking farken rich?

PS if i win the 20 million tomorrow ill chuck 200K for him to play next year

How about starting up a petition, maybe starting online and then post it in the Manly Daily to get it noticed?  I'm sure many, many people would sign it.

Or even taking out a big ad in the Daily "We want Beaver back".

Matt Thomas link said:
In any event, Vossy noted that with some of the players we have, surely we would love to have Beaver in there. He suggested that Manly fans, particulary members, email the club and make it known our thoughts  on wanting Menzies back to the club, and that maybe just maybe the club would listen and have him back,

Clearly Voss hasn't had much to do with the current administration.

Put a beaver levy on the mebership to pay for it.

Or just buzz off Bailey and Gaulavo if we have to. We must have room.

We need a new accountant

Message to Lowe!!! "Get it sorted or feel the backlash". Im seriously starting to get pissed off with Lowe. If Inglis can be fit in and Gasnier can return to saints with 3rd party agreements that dont come under the cap then, Mr Lowe i am telling you if us Manly fans have to watch Beaver sign with another NRL club after what we have been through this year and your total lack of communication I will flip my lid. Surely we have someone that i'snt on the sponsors list that we can approach to bring back Beaver i cant believe we dont know someone with cash to fund it. One of Max's mates maybe. Come on Max now is the time to stick your nose in you did it for Monaghan.

Can we start a fans group called the Silvertails like the (Thoroughbreds)  and we all pledge $50 to bring back the Beaver and top up his wages. We would not come under the cap as we are a third party sponsor that doesnt sponsor the club. 2500 x $50 is $125,000 surely that would be enough. I would set up the website myself if i knew how to do it.

I know this sounds crazy but we arent talking about any old player and i reckon he has at least another year in him. no other player would deserve this but i reckon Steve Menzies does.

Yeah, an
SwornEagle link said:
Bring back the Beaver!!!!!!!

If Steve Menzies wants to play one more season with Manly in 2011 and the administrators and CEO, give us some bullsh*t reason not allowing him to play for Manly... I'll quit following this team

Yeah, and if Bob Fulton, Rex Mossop, Ken Arthurson and Frank Stanton are not offered contracts for next year, I will stop supporting the club as well. Surely the club can afford these four on third party deals, or maybe minimum payments? We won't win a match but wouldn't it be great!!!

Rodo link said:
How about starting up a petition, maybe starting online and then post it in the Manly Daily to get it noticed?  I'm sure many, many people would sign it.

Or even taking out a big ad in the Daily \"We want Beaver back\".
A facebook group maybe

I saw the other thread regarding backloading, why not sign beaver on a 2 year back loaded contract for the 55k minimum this year and 150k for next year when we could pay him with the money we gain when Bailey Cross and Joe depart.

It will be unfortunate that he gets a career ending injury in 2012 pre-season training and does not play a game for us that season ;)

I'll do what I can, within reason, to get Beaver back. We need someone with access to 'Lowie' or others in power to suggest a 'Beaver Trust' (or something). Fans, like me, will contribute $100 or $200 and that money would form a third-party agreement, of which the Broncos have 30 or so.
Would that work?
We could get a Beaver T-shirt for the money and perhaps a function to toast the great man.
If we can get 500 supporters willing to contribute $100 each then that's $50,000 which surely would be a help.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6