Bellamy's Dangerous Position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think its harsh to blame Strom for that tackle and injury...

The tackle our bloke did to Inglis last year was much worse and ive seen worse as well how their was no injury is a miracle...

The Storm did cheat in that period of time , but over the years they have lost big name players and havnt bought Star players..

( smith , cronk , slater ) are like ( watmough , snake , matai , lyon )..

Each year whoever they recruit and most of the time its players you wouldnt want in your team , lift under Bellamy and that team produces good results , hence why they have been a top 4 team for a decade...

Yes , the NRL and News LTD may help them more than they should but players play for Bellamy, i dont know why but they do.

Dont compare Bellamy to origin as many NSW coaches have tried for the last 8 years to beat QLD but havnt..

Hate the storm as much as you like and most do , but they have been a top team for a long time and dont be naive to think that the Storm are the only ones with dirty tactics...
Other teams copy almost immediately the same tactics .

Hate them however if other teams had representatives in positions 1,7,9 would you expect anything less than good results..

Salary cap ........ happens everywhere the broncos in the nineties were the worse

globaleagle said:
MadMarcus said:
susan said:
Our game is run by fools, refereed by fools and with a few exceptions, broadcast and analysed by fools.

I have seen a statement more concise and correct than this.

Cool, what was it?

Greenberg is a [Completing this sentence would violate this site's terms of use, but trust me it would be really concise and correct]

Mark from Brisbane said:
susan said:
Bellamy's Origin coaching record is terrible but it was his lack of plan B that stood out for me in those losses.Much like Maguire with the vermin. If the mixos don't roll over a team up the middle and that team plays some football, he has nothing.

Plus the idea that he was not behind the salary cap rort is ludicrous.For some reason people think Waldron was the CEO when they got caught.He was NOT and the idea that the nuffie that replaced him took over the rort seamlessly under Bellamy's nose is patently ridiculous.

The constant use the word "culture" by the commentariat to describe a team that conducted the greatest systematic cheating in Australian sporting history just underlines the incredible dearth of intelligent and independent thinking in our game. Our game is run by fools, refereed by fools and with a few exceptions, broadcast and analysed by fools. The fact it is still commands our undivided attention is testimony to what a great game it is and nothing else.

Beautifully said!!

I'm a big fan of Rake(abc), and knowing that Susan is in the legal profession , I can't help but visualize Richard Roxborough whenever I read his posts!:blush:....Cleaver Green would relish that last paragraph with all the bluster and contempt he could muster( and bottle of Red under his belt!:))

Ron E. Gibbs said:
MadMarcus said:
susan said:
Our game is run by fools, refereed by fools and with a few exceptions, broadcast and analysed by fools.

Yeah, you could pretty much cut and paste that and it would make sense in every thread on this board, past, present and, sadly, future.

susan said:
Bellamy's Origin coaching record is terrible but it was his lack of plan B that stood out for me in those losses.Much like Maguire with the vermin. If the mixos don't roll over a team up the middle and that team plays some football, he has nothing.

Plus the idea that he was not behind the salary cap rort is ludicrous.For some reason people think Waldron was the CEO when they got caught.He was NOT and the idea that the nuffie that replaced him took over the rort seamlessly under Bellamy's nose is patently ridiculous.

The constant use the word "culture" by the commentariat to describe a team that conducted the greatest systematic cheating in Australian sporting history just underlines the incredible dearth of intelligent and independent thinking in our game. Our game is run by fools, refereed by fools and with a few exceptions, broadcast and analysed by fools. The fact it is still commands our undivided attention is testimony to what a great game it is and nothing else.

Spot on.

mozgrame said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
MadMarcus said:
susan said:

Yeah, you could pretty much cut and paste that and it would make sense in every thread on this board, past, present and, sadly, future.

Cool, what was it?

MadMarcus said:
mozgrame said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
MadMarcus said:
susan said:

Cool, what was it?

Greenberg is a [Completing this sentence would violate this site's terms of use, but trust me it would be really concise and correct]

globaleagle said:
am I inside some kind of time loop?
We all are. You go through the whole long working week, make the most of the weekend, and - presto - Monday again, back where it all began.

globaleagle said:
I just woke up.....am I inside some kind of time loop?

Yes, it's a little late but:

8_4_138.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4