Bellew to represent Blair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Obviously Bellew was offered the 50,000 that the NRL has fined us to represent Blair once it is washed through the news ltd books. What a great ex board member of ours he was.

What should it matter his background? He has a job and works for clients accordingly

I must say I am a little miffed at the idea Bellew is defending the Storm.
I wonder if it's monetary?

An article i read implied melbourne asked him first, secured his services first and cant represent both
With the fallout predicted i was shocked. I would have thought Manly would have enquired about his services at half time on Friday night, and had his number on speed dial
Obviously not and melbourne have shown us how professional they are if the article was correct.

A concern I have, and its hard as we get our info from the media which varies in reliability.......... but manly are poised to challenge the fine. No problems with that, 50K is a lot of dosh but winning a GF will ensure much more than that, so why are we not reading Manly are poised to fight the sentences of the players as well

Look i may have been spoon fed, or misinterpreted the info but all i hear is the $$$$$$$$$$$$

Have to wait and see i suppose but id be disappointed if foran, lussick and glen isnt supported as foz did nothing, lussick got smashed and glen should never have been binned in the first place

If manly hire another barrister to defend the charges or similar than this is all meaningless

Berkeley_Eagle said:
WAMF said:
I must say I am a little miffed at the idea Bellew is defending the Storm.
I wonder if it's monetary?

actually he is representing Blair just to be technical LOL

Do you think he will endeavour to drop glen in the poo to help his client..................ouch, now that would hurt

If Blair is up first it could work in our favor because I would think whatever Blair gets Glenn should get 2 weeks less as he already knows he has a two week suspension.

Despite the fact he shouldn't have been sent to the bin in the first place the bottom line is that if Gift ignored that grub Blair none of this would have happened. Gift is one of my all time favourite Manly players however this is 2 years now that our finals campaigns has been ran off the rails after his brain snaps.

He has to accept whatever penalty is placed on him (Given the gross overreaction by the media I will be surprised if it is less than 4 weeks), learn from his mistakes and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Assuming the club are unsuccessful in any appeal re the $50K fine they should fine Gift $10-$20K to recoup some of these funds. Don't forget Choc has been repeatedly fined for his misdemeanors.

I am not giving up on this season however I feel let down and cheated out of another potentially great grand final win.

I agree with James. I assumed we would have teed up Bellew without any delay. He has the reputation, which is not to say there aren't other experts available who would do as good a job. But why do you think Storm grabbed Bellew to help Blair? Because his reputation is that he's the best. They beat us to the punch on this one.

Moops said:
Geoff Bellew? Anyone know if Jacky Chiles is available??
Could be...but isn't he still carrying on with Elaine's friend from the sauna?

conanu said:
Obviously Bellew was offered the 50,000 that the NRL has fined us to represent Blair once it is washed through the news ltd books. What a great ex board member of ours he was.
Rather than bagging Geoff Bellew, you should be asking why he is no longer a board member at Brookvale. He wanted to be, but left years ago because of all the bull**** that was going on at board level, with some very unprofessional people on that Board at that time.

about 12 monhs ago may family faced some very serious legal issues. when we retained our barrister she informed us that the way it works is that if a barrister is available and you want their services, they can not turn you down. They must accept the case. It appears that melbourne got to him first and he was obliged to represent them, as he would have been had we got to him first.

bob dylan said:
Moops said:
Geoff Bellew? Anyone know if Jacky Chiles is available??

Jackie Chiles is indeed our man.

You punched on with Adam Blair? Who told you to punch on with Adam Blair? I didn't tell you to punch on with Adam Blair...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If Jackie is unavailable we should try for Dennis Denuto.

screw u
i was gonna post Dennis Denuto

he would get Glenn off with the Vibe of the case glenns very dark dennis could refer to mabo

Just a question, but why can't he represent both? Its not like they are on opposite sides of the same hearing, they are sueing each other, he is just defending the charges against him.

Yep Jackie Chiles is the man!

"It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!!!!!"

Masked Eagle said:
Just a question, but why can't he represent both? Its not like they are on opposite sides of the same hearing, they are sueing each other, he is just defending the charges against him.

Yes I would think it was ok to represent both, as long as it isn't a time issue

Probably would be deemed a conflict of interest ME. Bellew will look to lay as much blame on Glenn as possible in order to minimise Blair's suspension.

There will be the blame game. He said this, I said that, he did this, I did that. How on earth can he represent both?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6