Ben Dorries - Courier Mail

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/manly-fans-feeling-empty/story-fn6ck6i3-1226135184111

Check this article out...................

Any one know his email address??

Another News Ltd nobody whose opinion I care precisely f*** all about.

What a moron. He (not surprisingly) neglects to mention that the game was played at 8.30pm on a cold saturday night. Not the favoured 6.30pm timeslot that favoured the 3rd placed Bronco's and not the 2nd placed Sea Eagles.

Whatever. It's funny he mentions watching the games from leather lounges, cause that's where the Cowboys will be watching the rest of them from. Enjoy the sideline fellas.

Ask him to remind us where the other Qld based team the Titans came this year. that's right last by a mile.

our highest crowd of 32K was actually for 2 games of league or 16K for each home team, we would have managed more than that at brookie, i remember when we were involved in a double header in SYDNEY" the crowd was about 80K.

He also fails to mention that the Broncos and Cowboys receive their favoured timeslots nearly every weekend throughout the regular season. The Broncos always get a Friday night game and the Cowboys always get a Saturday night game. Manlys preferred timeslot is a Sunday afternoon yet they receive only a handful of those each year. He also fails to compare that Manly are one of 8 or 9 Sydney teams and the broncos have the whole city of Brisbane to themselves. He also fails to mention that there is no train line on the northern beaches. So if its good enough for opposition fans to stay away from Brookvale because it is supposedly hard to get to by public transport ( I disagree with this btw) then surely it must also be hard for Manly fans to do the reverse trip out of Brookvake to the city. He also fails to mention that the Broncos are scum and Manly are awesome.

He talks about the crowds the Bronco's get, but fails to mention that they are 1 team in a city of 2m, compared to 8 teams in a city of 4.5m. I think that might have an effect on why the Bronco's get large crowds.

(edit: you're too bloody quick Bones !!)

He also seems to forget to mention the ammount of opposition teams support that gather at Broncos matches as they have an entire City to attract to games and always about half support the opposition. The deathly sound of Suncorp is amazing to me when the Broncos are not scoring. Thats the only time they make any noise at all.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Via twitter @bendorries is one way

nice piece of @manlyseaeagles hating you hack. Go hack someone's phone like ure uk colleagues. Oxygen thief @bendorries

Just another tool who is going to spend the off season hating us even more when we hold up the trophy once again. The ultimate revenge on all those who oppose us is to exist even louder and longer in their minds.

A quote to Ben Dorries who ever he is and all the Manly haters " Hatred is a cowards revenge for being intimidated."

I wonder if Ben or any of these other whingers has ever tried to get from the SFS at 10.30 on Saturday night over to say Dee Why with a wife and a couple of kids on public transport.

bob dylan said:
I wonder if Ben or any of these other whingers has ever tried to get from the SFS at 10.30 on Saturday night over to say Dee Why with a wife and a couple of kids on public transport.

I asked him for you

bob dylan said:

I drove and got home to Cromer at 11.25 PM - this stopped me taking my 3 kids. Public transport would have been after midnight.....

here's a copy of my letter, lets see if they bother printing it.

As a proud manly Sea Eagles supporter who lives in Brisbane I was appalled at the article written by Ben Dorries in the Sportsday section of the Courier mail, 13th of September edition titled “ To follow Manly is an empty feeling”

Firstly I have followed the Manly Sea Eagles since I was an 8 year old in 1963, and the team has given me some magical moments in that almost 50 year period and I certainly have never felt “empty” following my team.

Ben’s article was of course written about the small number of seats occupied by Manly supporters at last Saturday nights NRL Semi Final held at the Sydney Football Stadium verses the North Queensland Cowboys.

Reading Ben’s article made me think that in typical journalist fashion he writes about half the story, and really without investigating both sides of the story so that the article is more balanced….so let me point out a few home truths he should have mentioned.

The game commenced at 8.30pm on a freezing cold Sydney night, hardly conducive to a family outing at the footy is it?

This is the latest a game had kicked off all year, and with the weather as it was it was hardly surprising to see a small crowd, especially as the game was against a team that had little to no support that came with them

Ben then went on to compare two Sydney based teams who played off on Friday night having a bigger crowd, well that’s not rocket science Ben of course they’d get a bigger crowd and so would this game have had a bigger crowd if we’d be playing another Sydney based side.

And Ben forgot to mention that unlike when we go to the Footy here in Queensland public transport isn’t free for the Sydney Football Stadium, and for a family of 2 adult and 2 kids travelling from the Northern Beaches that was an additional $50 on top of the ticket prices, which for finals are pretty expensive as they are and it all adds up doesn’t it and is another reason why many fans stayed at home and watched it live on TV instead.

And even if Public Transport was free, it’s well over 2 hours from the Northern Beaches to the SFS and the same on the return, and when you consider the game finished at after 10.30pm again it’s hardly conducive for families who are a big part of the numbers who attend these days and even regular fans who might not get home until well after midnight.

Ben also compares the 14,000 people who went with the huge numbers that attend Suncorp for the Broncos games, on that one he is right however he neglected to say that Brisbane with it’s 2 million people have one single team to support and Sydney with it’s 4 million people have 9 teams…do the maths Ben it’s not that hard!

There’s no doubt this game should have been held at the Sea Eagles home ground, Brookvale Oval. Whilst I doubt it would have seen thousands more attend there certainly would have been a good deal more and the atmosphere would have been a lot better on the smaller ground. The NRL should have stepped in as soon as Manly’s opponent was known and changed the venue, he blames everything in this article on the Manly supporters and not one ounce of blame is directed at the NRL, it’s a two way street Ben!!

It seems to me that Ben has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about Manly, perhaps it’s because he’s a closet North Queensland supporter and we just bundled them out of the comp with a 42-8 flogging??

Mark Tramby

Coordinator

Manly Warringah Travelling Supporter Group

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4