Ben Kennedy is a dead set legend!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was wrong about him, last year when he signed i said by the end of the season he will be a 40 minute player. How wrong I was.

I just wanted to say that I was wrong and congratulate this bloke for playing with so much passion, He plays like someone who has played their whole career at the club. If every player in the team played with that kind of passion we would kill every team out there. With passion like that you just dont even need that much ability.

This guy knows what PRIDE is. and it makes me PROUD to see him play for my team!

Wrap him in cotton wool for the off-season.

On second thoughts send a few of our soft forwards to spend some time with him in the hope they might catch what he has got.

As the Survivor comp has shown Brett Stewart and BK have been the best players all year. But for sheer determination, guts, pride, and value for money BK wins easily. It defies logic that a Newcastle stalwart in his twilight years and with so many question marks about his commitment has provided such leadership and answered every critic so convincingly. Goodonya BK - an outstanding season at the highest level.

Beaver has been right up there. If he played for the Rorters of the Dogs (Semi final footy each year) he would be considered one of the greatest ever players in the game. He has had a carry a team of cart-horses for years. I hope the pack in the next years can step up to give him a good send-off with semis and premierships!!!

BK's performance on Sat night was the most inspirational effort I can ever recall witnessing at Brookvale. It's a pity others couldn't fill the breach to hold on for 8 minutes. Getting the ball down for that second try summed him up.

he could possibly win the dally m,what a player,he will go down in my books as the best forward i have seen.

Agreed with everything that has been said. His performance on Saturday was particularly satisfying. Blockbusting runs and top notch defence, Brent Webb will he haunted for life.

I was ambivalent about his signing last year, and wondered whether he had much to offer. Well he has proven to me that he is one of the best forwards running around in this comp. The guy is all heart and plays with 100% commitment every time he takes the field. His ability to play with injury is amazing, he is one tough cookie. The thing that impresses me the most is the effectiveness of his hit ups, he always makes ground, and even with 2 or 3 defenders on him he manages to poke himself through the advantage line. He very rarely gets driven back in a tackle as he has phenomenal strength. He also has the added ability to offload if the defence gives him a slight opportunity.

Dead set best forward this year by a country mile. He has embarrassed some of the other passengers in the pack. I really hope that he can keep working with Choc and some of the other forwards on their hit up technique, he is a master at it.

We can only hope he plays this good next year and some others step up.

Of the 2 marquee signings he has left the other for dead.

the way he runs at the line and then accellerates just before hitting it is amazing, it must put fear into the defenders

Anybody see him on 10 news?

In a nutshell, if they don't make the finals he would not have done his job and he will have had a disappointing season.

95% chance of playing, just taking all the precautions that go with a neck injury.

Also, Stewart will be playing and Monaghan is having a concussion looked after.

Can't agree more with everything that has been said about BK. I will admit that I thought the signing was a HUGE mistake by Manly, how wrong I was.

I heard Fulton on radio yesterday say that in his opinion Kennedy would be named in his all time great Manly sides, a huge wrap considering he has only played with us for 1 season.

BK deserves to go down as the buy of the century and you have to wonder if Manly's great training facilities have played a part in getting the best out of him. He did have a bad run with injury at the Knights but the fact they train on a cow paddock may have been a factor. Then again if the Knights had better facilities and he played as well for them they may not have let him go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4