Benchmark ballyhoo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This concept is somewhat of a poisoned chalice so far as NRL teams go, judging by recent premierships. From the Tigers in 2005 through to last year, only about twice has the dominant team through the regular rounds actually gone on to win the comp.

One of those was the Cheats in 2007, and the other was Illawarra who led throughout before winning in 2010 (having led also in 2009 before bombing out).

The Dogs can be the benchmarks this year, or even Souths or Melbourne if they like. It only means they will be feeling a great weight of expectation in the finals. The ultimate winner will be the team that times their run to perfection… and Manly are very well placed to make a late run.

This concept is somewhat of a poisoned chalice so far as NRL teams go, judging by recent premierships. From the Tigers in 2005 through to last year, only about twice has the dominant team through the regular rounds actually gone on to win the comp.

One of those was the Cheats in 2007, and the other was Illawarra who led throughout before winning in 2010 (having led also in 2009 before bombing out).

The Dogs can be the benchmarks this year, or even Souths or Melbourne if they like. It only means they will be feeling a great weight of expectation in the finals. The ultimate winner will be the team that times their run to perfection… and Manly are very well placed to make a late run.

True. It takes just one win to become premiers.
Of course, you have to get to the GF first!

True. It takes just one win to become premiers.
Of course, you have to get to the GF first!

It's funny, no-one ever claims to be the benchmark, they always say someone else is the benchmark.

It's funny, no-one ever claims to be the benchmark, they always say someone else is the benchmark.

I left a mark on a bench once.

Oh c'mon, someone was gunna type it.

I never buy into the 'benchmark' rubbish.

Rugby league is so unpredictable. This season is highlighting that more than ever.

At the end of the day, irrespective if you finish 1st or 8th, the team if you win all your finals games, you win the comp.

Go Manly B2B

I never buy into the 'benchmark' rubbish.

Rugby league is so unpredictable. This season is highlighting that more than ever.

At the end of the day, irrespective if you finish 1st or 8th, the team if you win all your finals games, you win the comp.

Go Manly B2B

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6