benefit of having the trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
There is no way that anyone can be whispering about getting off on a 'technicality' or anything like that, as has happened to previous players in trouble with the law. 

He was put through the absolute wringer, removing even the last skerrick of doubt. 

Brett comes out of this even cleaner than he was before - now everyone knows more of his great character and strong family. 

This is one thing I've been thinking about all day. For better or worse, there are still clouds over Bird/Bulldogs/many other league scandals recently simply because they never made it to court and we never knew the full details.

With Brett everything (or rather, nothing) came out in the wash and he was quickly acquitted by a jury.

Whether that is worth 2 years of torment I'm not so sure, but a small consolation nonetheless.

But how did such a weak case ever get this far? How could the police take it any further than the initial investigation?
How can so many potential cases with legit claims never reach court when this one did? That is an issue that must be answered.

Look out Brett, Gronk's horny!

The only problem with this viewpoint is that only a small portion of the population (thanks again DSM) have been able to see the extent of the evidence. Everyone else is just getting the snippets in the media and many will still assume some wrong doing.

It's still better than the alternative of innuendo as seen in the other cases.

The Gronk link said:
There is no way that anyone can be whispering about getting off on a 'technicality' or anything like that, as has happened to previous players in trouble with the law. 

He was put through the absolute wringer, removing even the last skerrick of doubt. 

Brett comes out of this even cleaner than he was before - now everyone knows more of his great character and strong family. 

That's a very good point. Although I doubt that Brett, Glenn and his parents see any benefit at all after two years of uncertainty. I still reckon rival fans will slag Stewart (been done before many times). I don't think this case will ever leave him. I hope I'm wrong.

He will still be tainted by some fools, but that is mainly due to the fact he plays for manly.

I cant help feeling for Brett and his family. I wasnt going to renew my membership again in 2011 out of protest, but after hearing that Brett broke down and cried today it has changed my mind. He is my hero and it is he i am supporting by becoming a member again... not the clowns attempting to run the joint.

Garts link said:
He will still be tainted by some fools, but that is mainly due to the fact he plays for manly.

funny
the fools you talk about website has been down all arvo LOL

You can't even use logic with them based on the facts. There must be some upset people on that forum with the verdict. Idiots.

Bones link said:
I cant help feeling for Brett and his family. I wasnt going to renew my membership again in 2011 out of protest, but after hearing that Brett broke down and cried today it has changed my mind. He is my hero and it is he i am supporting by becoming a member again... not the clowns attempting to run the joint.

Haha, mate, I was exactly the same. I've been pretty disappointed with the club recently in how they've been running a few things, but after today I signed up straight away. Didn't hurt that I got the membership package forms in the mail yesterday, but the combination of the two things made me part with my cash...

Bones link said:

That's the Spirit Bones, it's always been about the players and the team as a whole...NEVER about the people who run the joint.

While I still haven't got my forms my membership was never in doubt.

I'll be a member of this club until the day i die

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7