Benji & Barba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Barba is the real deal. I've been hoping that he'd be shown up in defence and under the bomb, but this little bloke is something very special. Unfortunately.
However, Benji is now a liability in defence. He misses so many tackles that it's no wonder the Tigers are always chasing 30 points.

The Who said:
Barba is the real deal. I've been hoping that he'd be shown up in defence and under the bomb, but this little bloke is something very special. Unfortunately.
However, Benji is now a liability in defence. He misses so many tackles that it's no wonder the Tigers are always chasing 30 points.

Couldn't disagree more, Barba is still a fullhack and should be taken advantage of

Manly aside, Barba is the player I enjoy watching the most in the NRL. Its a pity he plays for the Dogs who I Despise.

Benji's only value last night was as comic relief. Watch Benji kick it out on the full! Watch him do it again! Watch him run around in circles until he runs out of play and flicks a pass out of his arse! Oh, how we laughed.
Never has the term "show pony" been more accurately applied.

An absolute freak in attack but far from sold on his defence & under the high ball. Will definately get caught out in both of these areas & be targetted in crunch games.
1 of the best & most evasive runners of the footy in the game - would have been last caught in the oldschool Bullrush games.....a great entertainer no doubt.

Have to agree with MK here. Didn't a tigers player carry Barba over the line to score? Not strong enough to pull him down.

Last year you only to put a bomb up and Barba would drop it. He has now learnt to catch. But like others have pointed out, he is still weak in the air. No longer should you stand back and watch him drop it. But go in and out muscle him. He has no defensive presence.

No defense ?

Have you blokes been watching Barba play to form this opinion ? He has been pulling off try saves week after week this season

Benji is a massive liabilty to his club.

Barba has the skill of Bowen and Slater (without the grubbiness) and the speed of snake all in one. Huge star!

I've noticed DES has now put into place snakes favorite play and barba in now pulling it off perfectly.

Kiwi Eagle said:
No defense ?

Have you blokes been watching Barba play to form this opinion ? He has been pulling off try saves week after week this season
Barba is quicker than 95% of players Kiwi so he will make some tackles with speed his big advantage & yes has improved with technique since 2011 but is still suspect defensively.
Was lucky to get away with a knock on with Tigers in a great position to cash in on Friday & will no doubt be a target in the big games.
The ONLY reason he was not picked for SOO3 is the fact selectors can see he has errors in his game defensively with both tackling & under the high ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6