Benji Marshall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apparently Benji wants out of Rugby and is looking at coming back to the NRL effective immediately.
Can't see him back at the Tigers. Warriors or Bronco's most likely I reckon.

I bet he ends up at Storm or Broncos.

$50,000 deal of course, because "I just want to prove myself and I really like the culture here and what the coach is on about".

Remind me, was Finch on a similar package when Bellamy plucked him out of nowhere on his way to an illegitimate title.

What value would the nrl place on his contract. It's one thing to allegedly only pay 50K, but the nrl may put a 600K plus market value on him.

This may all work in our favour with retaining Glenn. Surely no nrl team has that amount of salary cap space to take him quickly.

If the nrl could find it within their hearts to allow Benji to return on a pittance with any club, then all bodes well for Glenn.

May the market value, half pregnant salary cap concept rest in peace.

Can't see any NRL Club needing him. His attitude cost him dearly. Maybe French Rugby is suited as he has a high profile wife who is a fashionesta :cool:

Must be just a bit of mefia speculation.

Supposedly Salford in the English Super League were interested recently.

Cannot see any NRL side wanting, or being able to afford him...Probly better for him ( and said wifey ) to go to Europe if they can.

Hard to fathom just how swiftly Bunji went from great to good to an also ran.

Salford or if its the NRL the sharks

Which would be a mistake on there behalf!

Apparently Benji's missus is going very well with her TV career in NZ, so word is they'd be very reluctant to leave over there.

So he gets dropped to reggies and his response is to quit. That's the sort of ticker any NRL club would be crying out for.

Benji should have sucked up his ego and taken the shorter contract offered by the tigepies last year. Their new kids are their priority now.
It was a dumb way to end his career at the tigers.

Maybe he could do an interview on tv wearing a nrl jersey whilst still contracted to the bulls?

The article I read said: "Benji's manager states he has not spoken to any club whatsoever."

Then the very next line: "Marshall has been linked to warriors, st george, (then about 4 other clubs!)

Linked by whom? - the journo writing the story?

So how does a journo write that and pick up their paypacket?

I'm surprised he is looking at coming back to the NRL.
I got the feeling he was going to rugby for the big money - not in NZ this year, but in Europe after a year or two of Super rugby. Forget him saying he had aspirations to play for the All Blacks. Please. If he managed to stay in Auckland's 1st XV he would still only be NZ's 10th choice 5/8 (at best). He was never going to make the All Blacks. I'm sure his plan was to do 2 years playing in Super rugby then sign with a French or Japanese club for big $$$'s. The amazing lifestyle of living and playing in southern France is not a bad way to wind up your career too.

If he doesn't lift his game he will wind up his career playing in NSW Cup in front of 100 people. I'm unsure if he could really contribute much to any first grade NRL team anymore. His best days were years ago and he has zero ticker now

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2