Bennett has it right!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I just saw an item on Fox sports, where Wayne Bennett has come out and said how unfair it has been to the Manly club over the attempts to retain our halves and that the NRL has got it badly wrong over contracts ect.

He also said that the last person who should be blamed for this is Toovey who deserves all the support.

We have all watched this unfold over this season, it has dead set killed 2015 with the endless and unecessary speculation about where these 2 were or are going.

We are now at round 15 and all week it is about Foran, will he or wont he cause Parra stuffed up negotiations, he is still to my understanding a contracted Manly player and he should be allowed to focus on the game against the bunnies on Friday night.

The NRL have to act and put in place rules that end this ridiculous player contract farce. There needs to be put in place a proper transfer window that starts from the 2nd week of October to the end of January for all player movements and contracts so the fans can concentrate on the season ahead.

I have to say that this season has been a blur and to see the team struggle because the whole thing is dominated by the contract saga has soured it for me.

I have to say that this season has been a blur and to see the team struggle because the whole thing is dominated by the contract saga has soured it for me.

I agree SS. This has been the worst season since the Northern Eagle days.

More about the futures of the 6, 7 and Tooves than anything football related.

Bring on 2016.

Yeah agree it is an absolute joke. We brought these two players through the juniors and shouldn't have to put up with this rubbish.

Blame Superleague. The NRL is essentially what SL was but with some ARL clubs begrudgingly included.
The game has been run by the media ever since the media attempted their takeover in the 90's.

It doesn't matter who is the boss because final say comes down to the ones paying the bills.

Until the game can find an alternative primary source of income, this will be the case.

We have a vital game on Friday night, we need our players to be fit and focused and all week our 5/8 has been put in the spotlight because he signed an outrageous deal with a club that could not be more dysfunctional if they tried.

All season we fans have watched Foran under perform, to be fair due to injuries mostly but we have not seen a focussed footballer and its time that he told Parra that this will not be discussed any further till the season ends cause its grossly unfair on Manly his current employer.

well said sheridanstand78. I remember years ago when the failed merger happened and it looked like we were gone,Bennett was a footy program on Fox and he said that Manly needed to be saved,they should get the help they need because we need clubs like Manly in the competition. I have never forgotten that moment,hence the reason I have always respected Wayne Bennett

It's disappointing that news ltd press reports this as "Wayne Bennett says something that Most league supporters wouldn't dare to even think" but the negative bias must be upheld. I'm certain that Manly is definitely a club that Bennet respects as Brisbane have a similar culture of success. To bad Broncos supporters aren't as as respectful as the coach.

Sack Smith and that bald knob Fartberg. The game is run poorly and has been for years. Bennett is insightful and spot on

Bring back Gallop. He couldn't do any worse. We didn't know what a good thing he was until these butt heads turned up. :rofl:

Launch an investigation and call the cops.

Put Toovey in charge.

Careful, the last guy that wanted an investigation copped a $10 K fine. @:mad:

Bennett's return to Brisbane, with some tinkering of the roster, has transformed a side with sporadic form that was lucky to have made the finals last year into the benchmark of consistency and one of the competition's genuine chances in 2015.

http://www.nrl.com/what-makes-wayne-bennett-great/tabid/10874/newsid/87414/default.aspx

I don't think Toovey is to blame for our current predicament, but the first thing I noticed from the picture when I clicked on this article (and from watching them play this season), was how fit and athletic the Broncos look. Bennett has them in great shape; they all look fit, healthy, conditioned, and ready to rock n roll. I can't say the same about Manly who look sluggish and unfit.

Bennett may also be taking an assymetric shot at his old coaching rival Fulton, who appears to be in on the plot to remove Toovey. They never appear to have been on particularly friendly terms. Fulton in the past often referring to Bennett simply as 'Bennett'. It might date back to Bennett's experience as one of the Queensland-based players in the1971 NZ tour side. An era when Langlands was captain/coach and had his insiders in the squad like Fulton, along with fringe players (on the outer); presumably like Bennett, who never played a test.

Ian Heads' book on the Kangaroos discussed in some detail the experience of one or two players who were on the outer on the 1973 tour, like Bill Hamilton. Poor old Herman was of course a clubmate of Fulton's. I'm wondering if it played a part in the apparent discord at Manly during the 1974 season? Ron Willey left, Lurch returned to Souths and Herman joined Norths. As did legendary superstar backrower Zorba.

It is a game of big egos.

Just theorising of course...

Funny how it takes a coaching legend like that to defend Tooves over some Manly fans.
And our $10M champion kicks the ball out on the full and the other $10M champion knocks on.
I wonder how much Souths is paying Luke Keary who won the halves battle single-handedly.
This season has all been about the mismanagement of contracts.
Nice legacy for our great club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6