Bennett to Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Just heard on the news Bennett has signed a 4 year deal with the Knights, also Idris expected to pen 3 year deal with Titans later today.

jdv said:
Just heard on the news Bennett has signed a 4 year deal with the Knights, also Idris expected to pen 3 year deal with Titans later today.

Where does it leave Souths? Their fans say they can't win a premiership without Bennett. Great attitude to have - defeated before next season starts.

I'd choose the Gold Coast to live over Newcastle any day - so I can't blame Idris. But the Titans are losing their best player, Nathan Friend to NZ.

Idris has actually signes a 5 yr deal. The most over rated player atm.
Knights will once again be a strength under Bennett. It will really consolidate that regions attraction to League again. It is good for Rugby League to have him go there.

More then anything im looking forward to Stchoke go back to their old ways next year. I hope they don't even make the 8.

Well I look forward to beating the Knights in the 2012 Grand Final.

As for Souffs, word is they locked in a deal with Michael Maguire last week cause they knew Bennett wasn't going to be coaching them. For those who don't know Maguire is one of Bellamy's ex-assistant coaches and coached the Wigan Warriors to the premiership last season, which was his first year at the club.

Feel a bit for Rick Stone, he has been doing a pretty good job of building a young squad with depth which Bennett will reap the rewards from

Is 4 years enough time for him to deliver a premiership to Drugcastle ?

and you would expect Darius Boyd to be going there as well so where does that leave Gidley who is off contract?

He's indicated he would. Good thing for him Bennett is going to Drugcastle, Souffs could not have fitted him under their cap. They must be way over it already.

Also will be very interesting to see what happens when Tinkler wants a player say like Snowden and Bennett doesnt want him as in an article today it says Bennett doesnt like paying props more than 300K but Tinkler has already rang him and told him to hang off signing, as i dont think Tinkler likes being told no and wants it his own way.

Bennetts become a bit of a wanderer.Anything the Knights win will be plastic and mean nothing cause hell be gone soon after and theyll be back to where they were.St Chokes win last year smelt and felt like a fake.Our 40 nil win was all about character and love for the club.Something Bennet seems to not understand with his hit and run mentality.Hes not an ass hair on Jack Gibson.

not much of a decision anyway for wayne
here
dsc00027.jpg

or here

587508-tinkler-property.jpg

Kiwi Eagle said:
Feel a bit for Rick Stone, he has been doing a pretty good job of building a young squad with depth which Bennett will reap the rewards from

I will laugh if Newcastle make it to the grand final this year.

Unfair dismissal....or does his contract end?

Location would have little to do with it I would think. Some nice spots up near Newy & Redfern means that he can live inner city/west. Not to mention that there are areas of Redfern that aren't bad to begin with.

Feel sorry for Rick Stone though, despite him appearing to be a bit of a tosser. The Knights really hyped him up & played on all that old boys nonesense then dump the bloke at the first chance they get. So much for the club atmosphere that they try to put forth.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6