Best Band you've seen live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher

What's the best band you've seen live??

For me.. it's either Pantera or Rammstein.

Pantera cuz they are the greatest band ever :) and Rammstein i'm not all that much of a fan of but they put on a great show.

I also saw Micheal Jackson last ever gig in Australia :|

not sure if you are limiting just to bands but I would say TISM were one of the best acts i have seen just for pure entertainment and talent.

Also Peter Hook at ParkLife was pretty awesome even thoughhe was doing a DJ set.

Beyond that shows i really enjoyed were Smashing Pumpkins for the Mellon Collie tour (other tours were pretty lack lustre)

Cruel Sea were pretty surprising as well

Back when i was younger the screaming jets put on a great show - generally play smaller venues of under 1000 which i think helps.

The who put on a good show for some old buggers a couple of years ago.

Wish i could have made some of the pink floyd shows.

The Winters are a great band to see these days

alice in chains dirt tour.-newcastle workers ,f#ckin awesome..

Soundgarden final tour 1997ish. Two and a half hours of ball-tearing Chris Cornell vocals.

Tool are awesome live just to see them actually handle the ridiculous time signatures without getting lost...the drummer is a freak.

The oils could be pretty awesome live too...only problem was Peter Garrett would sometimes stop and give a lecture on some particular issue...but I guess you knew that was coming when you saw them.

The Porkers are a little ska band from Newcastle, but they are bloody good live. They had a mascot who would dress up like a superhero and essentially run around the stage skulling vb for the entire set...how can you go wrong?

Take That in the mid 90s...brilliant....kidding!

U2 in 1993 weren't bad, Xavier Rudd was farken excellent- which surprised me, Bassment Jaxx (with their band) and Groove Armada are awesome.
I agree with Dan and The Gronk- so Tism and the Porkers have to get a mention as well.

Soundgarden final tour 1997ish. Two and a half hours of ball-tearing Chris Cornell vocals.

Tool are awesome live just to see them actually handle the ridiculous time signatures without getting lost...the drummer is a freak.

The oils could be pretty awesome live too...only problem was Peter Garrett would sometimes stop and give a lecture on some particular issue...but I guess you knew that was coming when you saw them.

The Porkers are a little ska band from Newcastle, but they are bloody good live. They had a mascot who would dress up like a superhero and essentially run around the stage skulling vb for the entire set...how can you go wrong?

Porkman was awesome, him and his flame throwing strap on.

To answer the thread... Tool wins.

Cold Chisel last stand actually, I was 15 and first big concert

Like said before Screaming Jets were cool in the small club here in Wagga.
So was Evermore but big stage has to go to Pantera in 95' or 96' at the Entertainment Centre.
We had seats in the stand and my brother said we were going to jump the 2 plus metres down and go in the mosh pit. As we stood up to go down the stairs to jump a bloke flew down before us , leapt over the edge , hit the ground , and within Id say 5 seconds he was mobbed by security ,and quite severly assaulted before being dragged out. My brother and I looked at each other , and I said , gee , we have good seats dont we , and we both sat back down and enjoyed the show. :D

I am yet to see Tool.. one of only a few bands i'm yet to see that i want too... rumour has it they will be back at years end and i'll be there.

Earl, i saw Pantera at Festival Hall up here in Brisbane before it was knocked down.. Farkin unbelievable. They are an incredibly good band.. they made song in 1980 that will still kick your arse today.

I think my mate and i were probably the only 15 year olds in the crowd hahhaa... it was on a school night too :lol:

Well worth it though... can't believe I will never get a chance to see them again.

If anyone is into Aussie Rock COG and Birds Of Tokyo put on an excellent show.. i'm seeing Birds for the second time in a month and i'm really looking forward to it.

If your into just good rock/acoustic music check out Birds Of Tokyo.. i dare say you'll enjoy. They are fronted by Ian Kenny (Karnivool's lead singer too) who is vocally probably the best i've ever heard but they are much different to Karnivool and this sort of music gives him a better chance to show you what he can do. I highly reccommend them and COG well they are the greatest Australian band of all time :)

I have probably seen Cog about 10 times now. We used to see them all the time when the were starting out around the eastern suburbs in Sydney. They just keep getting better and better I reckon.

Metallica's St Anger tour
Did you see the movie on the making of the St Anger album? It was very interesting and they seem like good guys.

Long time ago but watching the Angels was always awesome. Loved their music and they knew how to fire up a crowd up and watching Doc Neeson doing stunts like hanging from rafters 15 metres above the ground with no harness was typical of the stuff he would do.

Yeah i've got the film. down to earth blokes I think.

one of the few bands who don't get to wrapped up in their own hype.

My taste in music is obviously a bit different to the majority on this site but at the recent blues fest in brissie i saw a band called blankCZECH. they put on far and away the best show i have seen in many years.

Gronk, I think i've seen them just as many times and i'm seeing them again on June 8.

They have 2 shows in Melbourne just after if your keen to go... both at the Hi Fi bar. You live in Melbourne right??

Metallica - Well, they lost me as a fan about 8 years ago.

Once Load came out they were done IMO

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4