Best Friendly Team In The World?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
1-1 v Holland in 2006
2-1 V holland 2008
0-0 Holland 2009
3-0 Ireland 2009
2-1 Germany

Not forgetting the poms in 2003

Put us against high quality opposition in a meaningless game and we are almost unbeatable....

Shame we fall to utter ****e when it matter though.

Nice win all in all, I was sure that the Krauts would get at least one back when Klose went on but the lads held off the onslaught well.

However while the game is fresh on my mind, does anyone else agree that Valeri & especially Jedi look very poor at the international level? Valeri should improve with time but just looks off the pace of the game but Jedi is plain awful. I thought he was playing for Germany in the first half with the amount of turnovers he had. Give Neil Kilkenny a shot already.

Also, Dave Farken Carney. I don't care if he scored, he is balls. Surely we have a better LB somewhere. Surely.

Btw did anyone catch a look of Joachim Lowe's face at the end of the game? Priceless :D

To Be honest I didn't watch it. I set the alarm. And normally have to get up for work at this time but today i didn't so thought sod it i'll sleep in.

The socceroos is the one Aussie sporting team i go for so happy they won although it was only a friendly.
Can't comment on Veleri and Jedi from this game Mark but I think against quality teams they may struggle a bit.
As for Carney, I don't mind him to be honest although for me he is a left mid. He is not a defender.

Bring back laza

Post was pretty much tongue in cheek - from what I saw it was the classic case of us being under estimated etc

Have you ever seen Carney tackle?

My observations are that international games are far more conservative, especially Australia. No one is willing to take a quick shot and then get roasted for putting it over the bar. So it is pussy-footing all outside the box until there isn't a gap anywhere in the defence. Come friendlies where it doesn't matter we open up and do more scoring. Game 1 against Germany in the WC was a classic response by Oz and why I don't really enjoy watching the games that count. Maybe Osieck has a different philosophy and I can watch some real attack.

lsz link said:
Bring back laza

Post was pretty much tongue in cheek - from what I saw it was the classic case of us being under estimated etc

Have you ever seen Carney tackle?

No, in the Asian cup he was always 10m+ away from where he needed to be & against Germany he stuck to his man so close that he was never in position to play as an actual LB.

I do like Super Dave, he just can't defend, Or play at a decent level, or think at a decent level apparently.

There were a few fullbacks in the squad the Osieck called up, some decent players in there as well. Carney's time should come to an end soon. Then he can come back to Australia & tell everyone how you can be an awful football player yet still get paid ridiculous amount of money by European football clubs to sit on their benches.

Blackpool. Had a stint at Twente last year as well.

Trent McClenahan plays on the right but apparently he was quality at Accies so I wonder how he went in camp. Cansdell-Sherriff is another that was in the squad, had massive raps on him when he was younger. Playing League 2 though which isn't helping him. May as well come back to the A-League.

I've also heard suggestions to drop Emerton back to fullback & slot Kilkenny/Burns into the midfield.

Thats right he went to the pool

When they go down he should be at the right level

Yeah he should do the job in the Championship.

The main thing for Carney is game time IMO. I read an article recently that raised the point that Carney has had more game time for Australia this year than Blackpool.

He can be a decent player but no one is going to play well when you're not playing at a competitive level often.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=187205.msg328865#msg328865 date=1301485007]
Clint McKay is a gun

Yep, bowls well for the Vics!
[/quote]

Haha that is a cracker on my part. 

I think Matt Mckay could find himself in the one day side soon. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6