Best pack with NO Kapow??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What is the best pack without Kapow?? - he has not set the world on fire, but has scored tries - broken the line & made some solid shots....more than most other forwards so far.
Do we promote AFB to the starting pack to add punch early??
The start of games has been slow & often lacks enthusiasm....this may sound crazy, but in a way - this could be a good thing...
WHY??
Kapow is known as that enforcer & overly relied on as a 1 man army,being out could encourage others to lift & start with more intensity/aggression - then hopefully on return - the big bloke can come OFF the bench with impact, adding much needed punch that's been lacking.
So whats the best pack for the next 3 weeks??

Taupau has done no more than he has done his whole career.A couple of big moments in between some pretty stock standard efforts.If his name was Martin Smith,I'm not sure he'd be rated or spoken about in such high regard

Hey Maxta, Im not liking the packs balance, a little too big and non mobile. Buhrer to start at 13 in a few week,s but ease him back after the terrible run he has had. Id be just as Happy with Symonds in the 13 next weekend, but we are struggling for a straight running back rowers which is the reason I'd also look at Kelly or Knight on the bench.

8. Myles
9. Parcell
10.Jake T
11.Brown
12.Lussick
13.Mateo

Bench
14.Lawrence
15.Vave
16.Buhrer
17.Symonds.
18.Kelly.
19.Knight.

8. Fonua Blake
9. Parcell
10. Myles ( IMP myles is soo overated and should be dropped but wont happen )
11. Lewis Brown
12. Liam Knight
13. Trbojevic
--------------------
14. Vave
15. Lawrence
16. Bhurer
17. Lussick

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence

Why? Mobility to begin games. Marker speed both in attack and defense. It also allows us to even out our backrowers.

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

All three are mobile, and can create second phase play.

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Lewis Brown

18. Josh Starling

Taupau has done no more than he has done his whole career.A couple of big moments in between some pretty stock standard efforts.If his name was Martin Smith,I'm not sure he'd be rated or spoken about in such high regard
That is crap, he has been very willing for us. He is definately not one to point the finger at. Over rated slugs like AFB and Vave would not get near a best 17 for most clubs. I leave Myles out as respect to the good player he has been, but at some point I wouldn't mind seeing his best.

That is crap, he has been very willing for us. He is definately not one to point the finger at. Over rated slugs like AFB and Vave would not get near a best 17 for most clubs. I leave Myles out as respect to the good player he has been, but at some point I wouldn't mind seeing his best.
Vave and Fonua blake have been our best forwards, there leg drive and power and meters are awesome. Vave and Fonua-Blake would easily make the Cowboys and Broncos bench.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence

Why? Mobility to begin games. Marker speed both in attack and defense. It also allows us to even out our backrowers.

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

All three are mobile, and can create second phase play.

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Nate Myles
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. Lewis Brown

18. Josh Starling
Mateo your kidding?

The forgotten man is Josh Starling. He has been solid in the times he has played this year. Sure he has not been a standout but he has been just effective as one or two others in the team. Maybe he should be given a run this week.
Agree just a simple hard runner watched him play nsw cup yesterday .he played well better than myles at the mo

Vave and Fonua blake have been our best forwards, there leg drive and power and meters are awesome. Vave and Fonua-Blake would easily make the Cowboys and Broncos bench.
Vave was found out in defence on the weekend. He should only be used as a bench player for impact. The Broncos carved Manly up through the middle too many times and this needs to be fixed quick smart.

Vave our best forward ? Your mental

The try the donkeys got at the 17 min mark was pure laziness under fatigue from Vaves.

I was looking at the clock yelling Vaves you've got a minute or two before your off come on man get back in the d line!!!!!!

He was standing in amonst the the donkeys sucking in the big ones. It was disappointing how he wasn't even trying to hide his fatigue. It's that last thing you want the opposition to see.

When he finally got back into our d line sure enough, spotted ball to Vaves left with passes back towards him and bam donkeys score.

Parcell was similarly slow getting back in the d line when Nikorema got a line break.

The donkeys werent that good. They just did the simple and obvious things well. A typical Bennett side I guess.

8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Buhrer
12.Knight
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

Looks good Hoops - personally would start Lawrence for his early mobility for Myles....in fact if Myles was not touted as a big name SOO player - think he has played himself into NSW cup....the big match player calls before Brisbane game had me almost buying into it...till the game started.
Imagine the Manly pack from 5 years ago if Thaiday was sledging going into a scrum - he would have got belted to submission....then again, would have been too s**t scared to whisper it!!
Agree 100% Vave off the bench mate - off the pace early but used correctly does the impact job well....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8