Best player in NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Best player in NRL?

• Total voters

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
In the interest of balance and fairness, and the fact that my worst player thread seemed to upset a few people, I'm now interested in who you all think is the best player in the NRL. No doubt I've left someone obvious out as I'm a moron with NFI :D

I've gone with Thurston. has the (rare) odd quiet game, but is regularly amongst the best 2-3 players in the world at any given time IMO.

I've gone for Smith but I'd have Cronk equal with Lyon and Inglis next.
You should add Cronk to the list and some people might think Gallen as well.

Duff said:
I've gone for Smith but I'd have Cronk equal with Lyon and Inglis next.
You should add Cronk to the list and some people might think Gallen as well.

Yeah, I went with Slater and I think Cronk should be on the list - with him overtaking Thurston before too long.

Billy for pure skill.
Smith is good but needs Cronk.
Thurston can be but also looks like a park footballer on occasions.
Killer is the best but is not tested in SOO for a few years.
Inglis needs a good side around him to make him shine.
Cronk should be there.

I'm a complainer i know! But how can you pick a best player? Do you go for Smith because he's so dominant around the ruck and has won everything? Do you go for Thurston because he's probably the best play maker? Do you go for Gallen because of his giant motor and superhuman effort? Do you go for Slater cause his kick returns and running in open space is unmatched? Do you go for a Brett Stewart or a Jamie Lyon because of there ability to score points out of nothing?

For me you can only pick the best player positionally.

I agree with Rambo. I reckon if Jamie Lyon had been playing SOO all these years he would probably be mentioned as the best more often.

You don't have to tell us who you voted for...it's a public poll. We can see all your secrets!!!

So there.

#hashtag

Stevo said:
I'm a complainer i know! But how can you pick a best player? Do you go for Smith because he's so dominant around the ruck and has won everything? Do you go for Thurston because he's probably the best play maker? Do you go for Gallen because of his giant motor and superhuman effort? Do you go for Slater cause his kick returns and running in open space is unmatched? Do you go for a Brett Stewart or a Jamie Lyon because of there ability to score points out of nothing?

For me you can only pick the best player positionally.

I agree with Rambo. I reckon if Jamie Lyon had been playing SOO all these years he would probably be mentioned as the best more often.

I'm going to make it my mission to make a thread that pleases you Stevo, but be warned, there'll probably be a lot of crap ones until I do :D

mosto said:
In the interest of balance and fairness, and the fact that my worst player thread seemed to upset a few people, I'm now interested in who you all think is the best player in the NRL. No doubt I've left someone obvious out as I'm a moron with NFI :D

A "like" for the self-deprecation mate :)

Jamie Lyon does it all.

+ Can play pivotal positions if required like 5/8.
+ Is captain of his team
+ Kicks goals
+ Is a leader on and off the field
+ Brings a sense of calm and quality about his roster
+ Thinks of "club" first
+ Is the best player in his position in the world
+ Does not even show a GLIMPSE of slowing down
+ Has massive constitution, and is barely injured

etc etc etc.

Best player in my eyes, by some. I personally believe, he's the kind of player that draws potential new fans to this team, daily. A true, maroon and white champion. Will go down as one of Manly's best ever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7