Best players Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Here are my thoughts of the stand out players  from each team for round 1.

Roosters: Mitchell Mearce was by far their best, turning into a great halfback. Matry Kennedy, Anasta, Symonds and Perrett all had great games.

Rabbitohs: Its hard to find a standout as a lot looked pretty average. Sandow was decent but had poor control over the game and his team. The guy has potential, he just never seems able to access it. Their best by a long margin was Isaac Luke, the guy is always looknig for an angle and never gives up.

Broncos: Best was probably debutant Jack Reid in the centres with an honourable mention to Ben Te'o, he should be starting not sitting on the bench.

Cowboys: The Thurston/Bowen connection, they looked great.

Eels: Casey McGuire, having a good hooker turned their game around, as did the improved discipline.

Warriors: Probably James Maloney or Michael Luck, but not much impressive here

Storm: Cameron Smith, the guy just controlled the game. He's the best for a reason. Slater virtually played 5/8 which dulled the usually sharp Slater/Cronk connection.

Sea Eagles: No one really stood out sadly, If Watmough hadn't dropped 2 balls he would have been it he made a lot of metres. Buhrer kept working an fighting so I probably have to say him.

Sharks: Jeremy Smith was their best on field, I have no idea why Flanagan hooked him. Douglas looked good as did Gardner, but as usual the Sharks looked junk overall

Raiders: Josh McCrone was awesome, always in teh right place feeding the right ball or kick. Glen Buttris was also a stand out for them. A lot of talent in this squad thats for sure.

Panthers: Michael Gordon was the only gu who was good, the rest of the team was disgraceful.

Knights: Mullen turned potential into talent on Sunday. He controlled the game at all times. Junior Sa'u was also devestating anytime he touched the ball.

Dragons: Soward is starting to look like a real 5/8 after god knows how long bein the biggest cat in the game. Ben Creagh had a standout game, too bad he can't have a game lik that for NSW. Boyd's addition of more support play looked great.

Titans: Scott Prince commanded as always, but a lot of credit should go to Bailey for making the metres and setting the example.

On the Warriors I really like the look of Lewis Brown.  I'd love to see him in Maroon & White.

Also thought Tim Mannah was excellent for the Eels.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2