Best Sportsman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Guys,

Who is the greatest Sportsman you have ever seen??

Who is the sportsman you have nothing but respect for??

Which sportsman would you love to sit down to dinner with??

For me it's Tiger Woods.. he is an absolute legend. The greatest sportsman of all time.

A fairly distant second for me is Steve Waugh.

Ian Thorpe for mine. He just broke record after record. Would love to sit down with Ralph Doubell, last Aussie Gold winner at Olympic Athletics.

Phelps is already on par with thorpe and will surpass him by miles by the end of his career.

Warwick Todd is a character created by the mob from the panel, a piss take on the diaries written by test cricketers

Phelps is already on par with thorpe and will surpass him by miles by the end of his career.
you may be right but Thorpe was so good for so long and dominated the one event by so far that he is still one of the all time greats in any sport.

On another note - Matt Orford (in the MSE player profiles) rates his favourite all time Rugby League player as ........

Mark Bryant!!! 8D

Someone mentioned that a week or so back CW.

We were wondering if he might have a little bat for the other team?

If you want to talk about doincance in a sport. GO look up the Golf players ratings.

Tiger Woods is first and the gap between him and second is greater than the gap between 2nd and 100th.

Best Sportsman Ever.

Best Golfer Ever, cant compare different sports.

Put him on a league Field and he'd struggle, Give Jordan a Tennis Racquet and he would be cactus. Stick Mundine in a round the world yacht race and accidently ignore his calls when he capsized in the Southern ocean..........

If you really want to go to the best ever, as rated by even all the Americans, Don Bradman is a shoe-in. He was almost twice as good as the second best in any era, despite playing in an era where wickets were uncovered.

We marvel how good Ponting and Gilly are and Bradman scored at an average of 40 more than those guys.

by the end of tiger woods' career he will be at a similar distance above to bradman i think, both are the best in their sports.

Currently he has 57 PGA wins, the best career figures are sam snead at 82, he will surpass that in a few years time

If you really want to go to the best ever, as rated by even all the Americans, Don Bradman is a shoe-in. He was almost twice as good as the second best in any era, despite playing in an era where wickets were uncovered.

We marvel how good Ponting and Gilly are and Bradman scored at an average of 40 more than those guys.

Yeah, Bradman dominates the cricket landscape far more than Woods does golf.

Roger Federer and I also have to agree with Nodd and say a disabled athlete- Michael Milton- what he has achieved is unbelievable and ****es on any able bodied athlete in terms of hurdles he needed to overcome

Not my favorite sport but Lance Armstrong has got to be up there. Five straight wins after his medical probs (undergoing surgery to treat testicular cancer that metastasized to his brain and lungs, and chemo in 1996) and just how tough it is to do that course it is a fantastic achievement.

Most 7 year olds can ride a bike. Cycling is not a skillful sport, more endurance based like a Marathon.

Not the type of sports that I would consider a Worlds Best Athlete to come from.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7