Best way to get to Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

drower

Hi all,

We are making the trip up from the South Coast to the game. We will be training to central (provided the line is open by then). Whats the best way from there or am I better off just driving.

Thanks
Dave

Get the train to the rocks and get a ferry to manly and a bus or taxi to brooky. Driving back towards the city on a sunday arvo after the footy is torture. But then again, so is public transport. The ferry ride makes a day of it though i reckon!

L90 only stops at Warringah Mall. It's not a huge walk though.

L80 or L85 from Wynyard will drop you at the ground (or the Leagues, or Brooky pub).

Duff, does the L90 run on Sundays?  Better check with the Sydney buses website.  If you want to catch a bus then behind Wynyard. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300766124[/time]

it all depends if want to spend 3+ hours eachway on public transport
It takes me about 2hrs up & 2 1/2 to get home when I drive, on way home roseville is the best way

"Best way to get to Brookie"

you could start off with a few drinks, that usually loosens my pants....

Unless you must use public transport, driving is much simpler. There's plenty of parking around the industrial area to.

Daddycool link said:
Unless you must use public transport, driving is much simpler. There's plenty of parking around the industrial area to.

Pfffft,

Drive to a footy game, indeed.

Heard of Todd Carney?

Catch the train, bus ferry, taxi in whatever order is best. Have more than a few beers at the Brooky hotel, Footy and the Leagues club. Then fly home. Easy

L90 is quicker, the walk from the Mall is short. L85 gets very close but stops at more stops. If you get the train, go to Wynyard because more buses go from there than from Central (only L90, L88 and express buses go from Central to Northern Beaches). 131500.com has a good trip planner (which includes buses and trains) and all bus timetables, cityrail.info has all train timetables. All buses mentioned run every day.

That being said, it'd be a LOT quicker and a lot easier if you drove. Public transport is notoriously unreliable in this area I'm afraid (I speak from much experience).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4