Better attacking side than 2011?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
I have only watched the first 2 games in the last couple of days and it seems we now "turn it on" when required as opposed to ramping up in the finals. While our defence needs tightening, I think things are "VERY" rosey!!!

Anyone else notice 2V's differance in the guys?

I hear a rumor that.....
Nice footy thread, forgot it was the footy season thought it was preseason.
Sure we have leaked some points but you have to remember we played tigers and warriors tht have decent attacking weapons. At the end of this weekend it should be clear where the defense up to. The players will turn up more switched on then the fans, they don't read the papers like we all do.

I love to see the younger brigade stepping up, Harrison, Robinson and Vic. All strong mobile guys who seem to follow Choc into the trenches. All good for the future.

I think there has been some notable changes in attack with Toovey now running the team. The guys appear to have been given more of a free rain to run it in attack and try and make things happen. They've been playing up the blind side more often after scrums. Ballin has been kicking out of dummy half. And Buhrer has had more game time allowing his attacking skills to be utilised more.

Considering against tigers no Gift or Matai & arguably the 2 best wingers Hoppa & Robbo are not there its been a fresh of breath air that Tooves has let the players attack whats in front of them.
This flambouyant style has caught out both NZ & Tigers because its hard to defend unpredictable football.
I dont think its a better attacking side, but definately a better attacking style thats enjoyable to watch.

Watmough seems to have been given more leeway to throw the ball around. Good on 2V for implementing the changes. Other sides would have studied us and we needed to shake things up.

I hope we flex against Cronulla and bulge through their poor quality t-shirt defence!

I think there are some subtle changes but Gift getting injured makes it too early to say how big those changes might be. It looks like we give the ball a bit more air, especially early in the game though.

Our defensive resolve is still good. Even thinking about the GF last year, the Warriors were experts at charging home late in games and being almost unstoppable. We faced that very real prospect in the GF and in Round1 but both times we held them at bay. I don't think too many clubs could do that to the Warriors, let alone in 2 successive games.

Has anyone noticed that Choc doesn't make breaks anymore? In 2010, he used to make them at will.
To think that DCE and Foran will only get BETTER, makes me feel good about the rest of the season, as long as we don't get too many injuries in the outside backs.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Has anyone noticed that Choc doesn't make breaks anymore?

The attention both Choc & TRex attract from the defense is huge. Lots of opportunities to tweak our attack based on that alone.

Jatz Crackers said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

The attention both Choc & TRex attract from the defense is huge. Lots of opportunities to tweak our attack based on that alone.

I'd love to see George added to that soon too. To have three players on the field that require the attention of 2/3 defenders each time opens big spaces for the backs if they can slip an offload.

Jatz Crackers said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

Chocs role has changed. He is as much a workhorse as strike weapon. He really hasn't been an attackingfocus since Ox was the halfback. I actually think he is underutilised in attack these days but we need his grunt work.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4