Better than last year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I think we have a better squad than last year which goes against the grain of all the so called experts droning on about 600 games of experience lost.

Smokin played 2 games ffs.Kitey was great for us and will be a loss but it is the bench and pressure from the lower grades where we will be better.Last year a couple of backline mishaps meant Esi Tonga, this year it will mean Blair or Satini,both players I rate.Satini has incredible wraps on him from plenty of old heads.Throw in the fact our number one back up man Peter Hiku is looking fabulous and things out wide are bright.

In the pigs it was interesting to note chocs comments on the Fox Preview show where he was adamant we had a better pack.Lawrence will be better this year and Kingy must be fit and fresh as a daisy;Lui,Starling,Sao,Andrews,Trobjevic,Chee Kam,Hasson give us many more options than last year with the hungriness of youth a factor.Throw in the fact that the Stewart boys finally have had a proper offseason and our stars except the halves were not World cup participants and you have the makings a great season.Doesnt mean we will win it as other sides will improve but I start the year more confident than last year,especially if we get a decent run with injury compared to last years chopping and changing.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hassan is gonna be a beast this year

Agree. Hasson looks to have a bit of mongrel about him

I would have him and Lui on the bench for the first game and King and Lawrence as starting props.

I like Hassons mobility. Him and Lawrence play a similar style.

Anyway i guess we'll know whether we'll miss all that experience up front in about 5 months time.

If Wolfie is gone :(, Satini would be my pick as #5, ahead of Blair.

Hiku needs space and seems hampered by a sideline. He should get plenty of game time with Snake's hammy history.

Blair would be great off the bench, as Buhrer seems to have plateaued :cool:

Hasson will blossom with more game time - I loved his aggression in the RLWC and 9s :)

Bring on the 2014 Season proper !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7